- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 178
- Garden / Landscaping — 161
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 117
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 91
- Real Estate / Finance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 64
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 59
- Windows / Siding — 53
- Builders Associations — 52
- Safety / Security — 52
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 51
DIY Storage Improvements
by Guest on Sep 23, 2011
One of the best improvements you can make to your home with some basic joinery skills is an increase in the available storage. Most homes run out of room for stashing their belongings, and clutter is one of the things which spoil the interior design looks we are trying to create in every room. The best way to prevent being over-run is of course to have a good clear out on a regular basis and be ruthless about what you keep. If it hasn’t seen the light of day for years then the chances are you don’t need to hang on to it.
Shelving is a great starting point to make an impact on the situation. Shelves are easy to assemble and install and can be decorative too. Choose a style that fits the décor of the room and make the most of available wall space above beds, in corners and beside other furniture. Read the instructions carefully before you start the project and always use a spirit level to avoid disaster! Cupboards are a bit more adventurous but the fitted variety that are built around a basic frame attached to walls, the ceiling and floor can be relatively simple to build. Fit out the interior with all your requirements from shelves to hanging space, a computer table and even somewhere to house all your shoes. Close the doors on the lot and benefit from a mess free environment.
Mattresses don’t get away unnoticed either, make the most of under-bed storage by purchasing or making roll-away drawers to fill the available space. Always choose a covered variety as the amount of dust underneath the average bed is not something you want mixing with your belongings. In this way you will keep the spare duvets and winter jumpers in excellent condition and protect them from damage.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 21, 2016 A Simple Way To Transform Your Bedroom’s Image by Shiraz Kahn
- Jul 8, 2016 Upgrade your Mattress for a Good Night’s Sleep by Sophie Fenns
- Jul 7, 2016 Tips for Getting the Bedroom of Your Dreams by Jane Brown
- Jun 22, 2016 Six Tips That Will Make Your Guest Room Perfect by William Hayes
- Jun 20, 2016 Creative DIY Bedroom Storage Hacks by Sam