- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 183
- Garden / Landscaping — 164
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 127
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 89
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 67
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 66
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 59
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 56
- Windows / Siding — 56
Removing Water Rings or White Haze from Wood Furniture
by Michigan State University on May 11, 2012
Water rings which appear as filmy gray spots are especially common on furniture from not using coasters.
To remove these rings, try one of the following methods:
Rub gray spots with paste wax and 4/0 (very fine) steel wool.
Rub spot lightly with camphorated oil moistened soft lintless cloth. Wipe immediately using a clean lintless cloth.
Add two to three drops of household ammonia to water and dip a small piece of cheesecloth in the hot water. Wring cloth out tightly and rub spot lightly.
Salt Make watermarks left from glasses or bottles disappear by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the ring with a soft cloth or sponge and work it over the spot until it’s gone. Restore the luster of your wood with furniture polish.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 21, 2017 Super Advice to Keep Your Mattress Clean and Fresh in 2017! by James Helliwell
- Dec 15, 2016 Area Rug Shopping Guide by Steffen Ploeger
- Oct 23, 2016 The 4 Way Test: How To Choose The Best Bed Mattress For Your Child by Rienzi Mosqueda
- Sep 21, 2016 A Simple Way To Transform Your Bedroom’s Image by Shiraz Kahn
- Jul 8, 2016 Upgrade your Mattress for a Good Night’s Sleep by Sophie Fenns