- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 166
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 129
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 93
- Real Estate / Finance — 92
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 70
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Windows / Siding — 56
Ideal Carport Plan for Homeowners
by Sally Smith on Sep 21, 2015
The carport is always covered at the top and opened at the sides that offer shelter to vehicles, especially cars. However, you should not confuse between a car port and a garage. Carport offers limited protection to your car compared to a garage. A garage has a variety of components to provide maximum protection for your car. For a homeowner, carport can be an important additional structure in the house layouts. The benefits associated with carports include;
Protection from harmful Weather
Carport can protect your car from unsuitable weather conditions, look at contactors that work on carports, patios, decks, etc.. It includes the destructive sun rays in the summer, destructive snows in the winter and hailstones from heavy rains.
Protection against vandalism and theft
Burglars are less inclined to enter your carport due to its easier visibility. It is more open compared to a garage that is enclosed where someone can quietly enter inside and steal your car.
Offers additional space
Carports are not only meant for cars. They provide conducive shade environment for children who need an outdoor playing place and even adults who want to relax.
Carports can be used to provide extra space for storage of items such as garden equipment, spare car parts and other tools used on a daily basis.
Carports do not require the use of electric door openers and excessive lighting they are just simple but highly effective enclosures.
Other vehicle storage
You can store boats, trailers, motorcycles and other transportation mediums in carports hence more convenient
Planning of a carport
Before building a carport, you should consider some factors such as the amount of space available, the cost of construction, and safety standards. Also, the number of cars, size of your car, and the purpose (they can have multiple purposes apart from car protection). A planning approval is required for all carport constructions. Thus, it is advisable to consult with any carport builder for assistance. The issuance of permit for construction of a carport may have charges. The plans should show:
- The plan view
- Two or one elevation and one cross-section together with other measurements of the structure.
- Site soil classifications
You should consider the following when constructing a carport;
- The maximum height allowed is four meters.
- The carport should not be situated in an area considered to be within a national park or any other form of world heritage.
- The garage should be used for domestic purposes only.
- Necessary building materials, e.g., wood and metals must be available for the construction of a carport. Depending on the climate, different materials may have differing levels of effectiveness.
- Basic carport should have six posts at each corner of the rectangle and two more at the middle positions. Make sure you make adjustments for bigger vehicles.
- Depending on the type of soil, bare ground can be fine, but a more effective way is to use ground covered with a layer of gravel. Some dark weed matting can also be used to keep grass and weeds from growing again.
In conclusion, a carport is a simple structure to build. Some people even build structures on their own. However, this will require a well-structured carport planning that can only be got from an experienced carport builder.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 8, 2017 What to Consider When Investing in an Oak Conservatory by Guest
- Feb 5, 2017 How to Build a Container Home on a Budget by Alex Cordier
- Jan 25, 2017 Why Will Construction Industry Always Rely on Excavator Buckets? by Guest
- Jan 23, 2017 How to Take Your DIY Skills to the Next Level by Boris Dzhingarov
- Nov 10, 2016 Tennis Court to your outside space by Leona Zoey