- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 162
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 122
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 84
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 66
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 62
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 56
- Safety / Security — 56
- Windows / Siding — 55
- Builders Associations — 53
How to Choose the Right Solid Wood Door
by Derek Crowden on Mar 3, 2016
Deciding which doors should go where in your home is hard work and it will take some time and lots of planning and research to find the best doors for your budget and your style. If you like the idea of fitting solid wood doors, then you will need to decide which type of wooden doors will work best in your home as there are lots of different types of wood to choose from.
The great thing about using solid wood doors is that they are hard-wearing and durable, so you will be making a good investment. Good quality solid wood doors are available from www.doorstore.co.uk and you can use wooden doors for internal and external use.
There are three main types of wood that is commonly used to make doors with:
If you want to leave your doors in their natural wooden state rather than paint them, you should choose a wood that you like the colour and finish of. You will need to protect them with a coat of varnish or stain, and this can help to protect your doors from everything from the sun to dog scratches.
However, if you are going to paint your doors, then you have the flexibility to choose a door based on their unique properties, so let’s take a look at these three different woods now.
External doors are often made from mahogany or GRP/composite and it is common for home owners to paint their front doors, partly to give it more protection from the weather outside and partly for aesthetic reasons.
You can have panels added to your solid wood door, as well as glass and you can choose between a wide variety of knobs and handles as well as locks to ensure that your doors work perfectly within your home.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 20, 2016 How to Turn Your Garage into a Home Gym by Alex Cordier
- Sep 25, 2016 Problems with Frozen Locks and Solutions by Ronald Cutts
- Aug 16, 2016 Building The Ideal Garage by Jane Brown
- Jun 15, 2016 How Expert Carport Entryway Repair Can Keep Your Home Safe by Guest
- Apr 28, 2016 6 Considerations when Adding an Attached Garage by Andre Smith