- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 183
- Garden / Landscaping — 164
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 127
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 90
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 67
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 66
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 59
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 56
- Windows / Siding — 56
Bathroom Tile Ideas
by Guest on Jan 25, 2010
No matter what the size of your bathroom, some basic bathroom tile ideas can help you do up the bathroom flooring in the best possible manner, and for results worth appreciating.
Bathroom tiles are, in fact, elementary to any bathroom design or theme – and the best part about them is their availability in a wide array of shapes, sizes, patterns and textures. However, the most popular ones are ceramic bathroom floor tile, which is durable, dampness resistant, safe to walk on when wet, and easy to clean.
The addition of tile borders to the solid color ceramic bathroom floor tile, in a different color to the tile floor, or by alternating more than one colors can be a visual treat, giving your bathroom floor an interesting look.
Yet another bathroom tile idea is to choose a grout color to contrast with the ceramic tile color. If you are using white tiles, you could use blue, red or yellow grout for contrast. Remember that you would need to apply sealers to grout lines in areas of heavy wear, as they can protect and preserve grout colors.
You can also experiment with the layout of the floor tiles, which can be square, rectangle, hexagon and octagon in shape, by placing them in different ways to work out a unique pattern. The color of the floor tile you select should be such that it enhances the space and lighting of the bath area.
The most general of bathroom tile ideas is to try and create a look for your bathroom, which is space and size specific – the bathroom tile and style you zero in on should be contemporary yet a cut above the commonplace style!
Zoli Corporation offers European designs in a wide range of quality bathroom sinks, Kitches Sinks and Vanities. You can also find more information on choosing the best bathroom sink for your home.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 20, 2016 Porcelain Ceramic Tile Is Back in Style by Pavel
- Mar 31, 2016 When to Visit the Flooring Store: Repairing Existing Flooring vs. Installing New by Boris Dzhingarov
- Sep 15, 2015 Break the Pattern with Hexagonal Patterns! by Steffen Ploeger
- Apr 17, 2015 Plywood Thickness: Weight-Capacity Correlation by M B
- Apr 2, 2015 Flooring that goes with My Bathroom Accessories by Irsan Mehar