- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 186
- Garden / Landscaping — 169
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Real Estate / Finance — 96
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 62
- Safety / Security — 60
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Windows / Siding — 56
What to Know about Floor Stripping and Waxing?
by Guest on Mar 1, 2013
The floor is indeed an important area that requires proper maintenance. The floor should always be kept very clean and for this reason waxing and stripping is required to be done to the floor regularly which can even give the floor a glowing effect. The floor may look dull without proper maintenance and so it is obviously so important for having stripping and waxing done to the floor. There are commercial floor maintenance companies who can offer this service at a reasonable cost. Commercial floor care can be more perfect and these companies provide the customers with the services like commercial waxing.
How to Wax and Strip Your Floor?
Waxing and stripping are not so easy to be done. There needs to be a good amount of knowledge on various things to ensure effective waxing and stripping to the floor. Industrial floor care is considered as a different area in commercial floor care. There are many commercial floor maintenance companies that offer a suitable way of commercial floor waxing for industrial floors. The things to be done for waxing and stripping the floor are -
- Buy a stripper that can be very much suitable for the floor. Better is to get a stripper that need not be rinsed.
- It will be good if you could buy or hire a vacuum cleaner or an electric scrubber to make the process very easy.
- Get all the things required before you start with the work.
- You should make the area where you want the striping to be done empty by shifting all the furniture, carpets etc.
- Try applying the stripper in some part of the floor which won't be visible to others.
- You should decide from which part you are going to start the work.
- Gather all the scrubbers, tools and scrapers in one bucket and move the bucket with the stripper and the one with your tools in the area from where you wanted the work to be started.
- Apply the wax stripper to your floor using a mop.
- Wait until the stripper gets soaked by the floor and then scrape away the buildup of wax using a scrub pad.
- Scrub the nooks and corners of the floor to remove the multiple layering using a toothbrush.
- The floor squeegees can be used to remove the wax that covers over the floor.
- Keep applying the wax stripper by using a mop until the whole area is covered in the needed thickness.
- Make the floor get dry very well and it can be done swiftly with the help of a fan.
- Once the floor is dry it's the turn to apply sealer for providing a protective covering for your waxed floor.
Advantages of Waxing and Stripping the Floor
It can be awkward if the floor of your home or business place looks so dull and discolored. The best solution is to have an industrial floor care done to the floor. Many agencies offer this service of commercial floor maintenance and it can offer you the benefits like:
- Consistent and pleasant look of the floor
- Dry and clean floor
- It reduces the frequency of replacing your floor
- It can provide the floor with a glow
The best way you can keep the floor clean and durable is to have waxing and stripping of the floor done. You can save your time and effort if you entitle this responsibility to an agency offering the service.
Most Recent Articles
- May 16, 2017 What Causes Creaky Floorboards? by Guest
- May 10, 2017 The Popularity of Polished Concrete Flooring by Guest
- Mar 27, 2017 12 Top Tips for Tiling a Bathroom by Guest
- Dec 20, 2016 Porcelain Ceramic Tile Is Back in Style by Pavel
- Mar 31, 2016 When to Visit the Flooring Store: Repairing Existing Flooring vs. Installing New by Boris Dzhingarov