- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 162
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 122
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 84
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 66
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 62
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 56
- Safety / Security — 56
- Windows / Siding — 55
- Builders Associations — 53
Foods That Attract Certain Species of Birds
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 28, 2012
To attract birds, especially cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, grosbeaks and towhees to a new feeder, mix peanuts liberally with seed and watch how quickly they respond.
Sunflower Meats attract redpolls, chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, titmice, goldfinches, pine siskins.
Shelled Peanuts attract cardinals, woodpeckers, nuthatches, grosbeaks, chickadees, titmice, towhees.
Thistle, also known as niger, attracts finches, redpolls, pine siskins, juncos, Indigo buntings.
Safflower attracts cardinals, chickadees, titmice. Starlings, grackles and squirrels don’t like it.
Thistle Gold attracts goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins, redpolls, and juncos.
Yellow Corn attracts ducks, geese; squirrels like whole corn; songbirds eat cracked corn for energy in colder weather.
Millet attracts pine siskins, chipping, song, field and fox sparrows, mourning doves, juncos, purple finches.
Perodovic Sunflower (Black Oil) attracts cardinals, chickadees, finches, grosbeaks, crossbills, nuthatches, titmice, all your favorites. Most favored bird seed.
Finches Favorite attracts all finches, chickadees, nuthatches.
Wild Bird Mix attracts most songbirds that like sunflower and peanuts.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 8, 2016 Glass Fencing: Finding Balance in the Yard with this Simple Addition by Kelly Maynard
- Nov 24, 2016 What is a French Drain and How to Do It by Yourself? by Scott Doyle
- Oct 19, 2016 Landscaping - Keeping your Yard in Good Condition by Charlie Brown
- Oct 18, 2016 Who Should Pay for the Repair or Replacement of a Shared Fence? by Guest
- Oct 7, 2016 8 Factors to Consider before Starting a Landscaping Project by Charlie Brown