- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 168
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- Real Estate / Finance — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 56
Foods That Attract Certain Species of Birds
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 28, 2012
To attract birds, especially cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, woodpeckers, grosbeaks and towhees to a new feeder, mix peanuts liberally with seed and watch how quickly they respond.
Sunflower Meats attract redpolls, chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches, titmice, goldfinches, pine siskins.
Shelled Peanuts attract cardinals, woodpeckers, nuthatches, grosbeaks, chickadees, titmice, towhees.
Thistle, also known as niger, attracts finches, redpolls, pine siskins, juncos, Indigo buntings.
Safflower attracts cardinals, chickadees, titmice. Starlings, grackles and squirrels don’t like it.
Thistle Gold attracts goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins, redpolls, and juncos.
Yellow Corn attracts ducks, geese; squirrels like whole corn; songbirds eat cracked corn for energy in colder weather.
Millet attracts pine siskins, chipping, song, field and fox sparrows, mourning doves, juncos, purple finches.
Perodovic Sunflower (Black Oil) attracts cardinals, chickadees, finches, grosbeaks, crossbills, nuthatches, titmice, all your favorites. Most favored bird seed.
Finches Favorite attracts all finches, chickadees, nuthatches.
Wild Bird Mix attracts most songbirds that like sunflower and peanuts.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- May 14, 2017 Tips for Proper Lawn Care by Martin Gracewell
- Apr 26, 2017 Traditional Lawn Care and Organic Based Lawn Care- What’s the Difference? by Charlie Brown
- Apr 19, 2017 5 Tips on Growing an Organic Garden by Guest
- Mar 16, 2017 How Large can I Build a Structure in my Backyard? by Guest
- Jan 26, 2017 Hiring a Skip for Your Garden and Domestic Refuse by Mladen Pupovac