- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 183
- Garden / Landscaping — 164
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 128
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 91
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 66
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 59
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 56
- Windows / Siding — 56
The Importance of Using Native Grass Seed
by Craig Daniel on May 31, 2014
Grass is a wonderful substance. It makes us feel comfortable as it is nice to walk and sit on. Furthermore, the sight of lush green grass fills us with feelings of summer and happiness. However, grass is also incredibly important and we should always consider purchasing native grass seed if we want to create our own beautiful lawn.
The Ecological Importance of Native Grass Seed
Our planet is changing for the worse in a rapid way. We seem focused on consumerism and keeping up with the Jones’. Indeed, even our language focuses on how things should look better and how we should manipulate nature in order to achieve that. You have probably hear the expression that “the grass is always greener on the other side”.
But isn’t it about time that we stopped this and that we started to live in harmony with nature? How about giving Mother Nature the respect she deserves? Isn’t there something to be said for making sure our local fauna and flora is able to have its place? Grass seeds that aren’t native to a specific area require a great deal of care. One of the elements they need, for instance, is water. By watering your grass excessively, you will obviously damage nature as well. After all, water is a resource as scarce as gold, and we should watch how we use it.
If, on the other hand, you plant native grass seeds, you will only need the amount of water as what should naturally drop from the sky. Perhaps you will need to do a little bit of watering in particularly dry seasons, but native seed has its ways of survival, it is native to your area after all.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 26, 2017 Hiring a Skip for Your Garden and Domestic Refuse by Mladen Pupovac
- Jan 18, 2017 Lawn Maintenance: Is Your Lawn Revealing About You? by Charlie Brown
- Dec 8, 2016 Glass Fencing: Finding Balance in the Yard with this Simple Addition by Kelly Maynard
- Nov 24, 2016 What is a French Drain and How to Do It by Yourself? by Scott Doyle
- Oct 19, 2016 Landscaping - Keeping your Yard in Good Condition by Charlie Brown