- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 186
- Garden / Landscaping — 169
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Real Estate / Finance — 96
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 62
- Safety / Security — 60
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Windows / Siding — 56
Choosing The Right Home Inspection Service
by Guest on Jan 9, 2013
Home inspection plays a very important role during the home buying process. It informs both parties about the present state of the house and lists down the necessary repairs required. Such evaluation involves a thorough visual inspection of the house - both interior and exterior.
The home inspector prepares a comprehensive report that sums up the findings and highlights the concerns. The report contains the basic condition of the foundation, plumbing, visible insulation, electrical, and other such systems. It is then delivered to the customer in a specific time span following the assessment.
What is the basis of choosing a home inspector?
- Make sure the home inspector meets all state requirements as necessitated by law.
- The expert must have the proper experience or training.
- Find out if the inspector is licensed. In case the state you reside in does not demand a license for a home inspector, it is advised to hire someone who belongs to some association and stands by a set of standard practices and code that requires absolute professionalism.
- Request for a sample inspection report to make sure it covers all the aspects of the house and can be easily understood. In case you cannot understand the details or if you get confused with all the extra, useless information, you most likely will not read your own report and miss out on important information.
Choosing a Home Inspection Company
Before you choose a home inspection service, make sure it has a good reputation and the ability to undertake an in depth examination. This will ensure that you have a detailed report that covers all aspects of the house. Of course, every structure has some defects. A good company can distinguish between minor and major repairs, and assist the buyer in taking an informed decision.
There are numerous ways of finding good companies, they include:
- Requesting family and friends for a referral
- Surfing the net to find addresses of home inspectors located in the particular area you are interested in
- Talking about it with a good real estate agent
- Taking advise from local banks
It is important to investigate about the local home inspection company before hiring it. Feel free to speak with the management or ask them about their total experience.
There are numerous companies in the market today that offer various different levels of services. It is best to go with one that can provide you with a detailed analysis of the property so that you can save money on unnecessary repairs. Remember- never settle for an inspector or a company just because they are reasonably priced.
Most Recent Articles
- May 22, 2017 Why Metal Blacking is Often a Better Choice than Plating and Painting by Martin Gracewell
- Mar 27, 2017 Essential Services that Every Homeowner Needs by Alexandra Gracewell
- Mar 16, 2017 How Handyman Services can be Handy by Guest
- Feb 28, 2017 What Type of Licensed Contractor Should You Hire? by Guest
- Oct 4, 2016 How to Find the Right Architect for Your DIY Project by Guest