- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 163
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 123
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 84
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 66
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 63
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 56
- Safety / Security — 56
- Windows / Siding — 55
- Builders Associations — 53
Easy Tips for Remodeling Your Home That Won’t Break the Bank
by Guy Dinay on Dec 24, 2014
Your home is your castle and it is only natural to want to upgrade or renovate your home so that it reflects your personality and feels like an extension of you. Unfortunately, renovations can be extremely expensive and time consuming.
In fact, some of the most common renovations such as installing hardwood floors or renovating a bathroom can cost thousands of dollars. However, not all renovations are expensive and here are a few quick and easy upgrades.
Stainless steel appliances are in high demand, and so are their prices. Rather than shell out a few thousand dollars, purchase stainless steel contact paper and attach it to your appliances. The result will be a stainless steel look at a fraction of the price.
Many homeowners often overlook the appearance of their switch plate and outlet covers along with doorknobs and handles. These small items may appear irrelevant in a home remodel, but these items are typically interacted with on a daily basis and replacing them can make an entire room seem different.
There are many different types of styles and finishes available and you are almost guaranteed to find one that will match perfectly with your room. Common styles include ones with a stainless steel finish or a decorative design and ones that are entirely black. When choosing a black cover, make sure that the screws are black as well or the silver head will appear out of place.
Finally, focus on the lighting within each room. Many lampshades often collect grime and dust and cleaning them does no good. Replacing your lampshades every so often makes a huge difference in the way the light will bounce around the room.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different designs and colors until you find that one that is just right. The bulb is equally important. Areas with high traffic such as a living room should have a soft bulb that emits a yellowish tone whereas a home office should have a brighter white tone.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 1, 2016 5 Must Have Pieces of Equipment for Your Workout Room by Guest
- Oct 26, 2016 Interesting Ideas to Design Your Own Home Gym by Guest
- Oct 25, 2016 5 Easiest DIY Projects For Beginners by Romalyn Casia-Lim
- Oct 4, 2016 5 of the Best Home Improvement Ideas by Shiraz Kahn
- Sep 6, 2016 Home Improvement Ideas: Catering For Your Cat by Shiraz Kahn