- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 163
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 123
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 84
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 66
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 63
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 56
- Safety / Security — 56
- Windows / Siding — 55
- Builders Associations — 53
6 Benefits That You Get from Installing Undermount Kitchen Sinks
by Guest on Jul 26, 2010
Many homes now have undermount kitchen sinks that are compact and stylish. Installing these sinks directly under the countertop is the usual process without having an outer lip overlap the counter. You can install these types of sinks in your house and reap many benefits of using them compared to regular kitchen sinks. The benefits offered by undermount kitchen sinks include the following:
- The sinks have attractive designs that will make your kitchen look beautiful especially if you match them with granite or marble countertops. They will impart a classy, clean and modern appearance to your kitchen.
- Undermount kitchen sinks will take up less space than regular top-mounted kitchen sinks. You will therefore have more space to place other kitchen appliances. These sinks will also allow you to clean the sink area easily because of the absence of dirt attracting seams between the countertop and sink. You will find it easy to maintain them because you will only have to clean them using soap water and then wiping them with a dry cloth.
- Undermount kitchen sinks are highly resistant to wear, tear, heat and scratches. These characteristics will ensure that you use the sinks for a long time to come.
- The sinks come in different sizes, shapes and materials. You can have these sinks in materials such as copper, brass, granite, cast iron and stainless steel. Their sizes range from small bar up to large sinks with double bowls and they can make a complete transformation to the way your kitchen looks.
- It is easy and convenient to install the sinks alone.
- The undermount kitchen sinks hide the plumbing components under the sink and this enhances the overall look of the kitchen.
Installing undermount kitchen sinks is easy provided you follow the following steps:
- Know the type of sink that you want and cut the hole in the countertop after buying the sink. This will ensure that you get the right dimensions.
- Cut the hole into countertops made of marble or granite and make sure that you do it correctly. Flip over the countertop to mark drill holes that you will use for the screws.
- Make sure that the hole does not have rough edges and clean out the dust before installing the sink.
- Place the undermount sink in the hole and then reattach the countertop to the other parts of the counter.
Are you looking to update your kitchen? RTA kitchen cabinets might be just what you need.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 1, 2016 5 Fun Ways to Upgrade Your Kitchen by Guest
- Nov 21, 2016 How to Find and Buy the Best Walk-In Bathtub Today by Charlie Brown
- Oct 28, 2016 These Bathroom Trends Will Become More Popular in 2017 by Jane Brown
- Oct 27, 2016 The Benefits Of Grease Traps by Rick Hill
- Aug 9, 2016 What Restaurants Can Teach You About the Kitchen of Your Dreams by Jane Brown