- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 187
- Garden / Landscaping — 169
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Real Estate / Finance — 97
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 73
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 60
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 57
Types of Kitchen Sinks
by Guest on May 13, 2012
One of the most essential elements that has to be taken in consideration when remodeling or building a kitchen is the kitchen sink. A sink can become, from just a cleaning appliance, an element of design.
Stainless steel sinks -
They match a modern kitchen, but also a more traditional one. These sinks are the most popular all over the world right now. Advantages: low price, good looks, easy to clean, long lasting and easy to install. Disadvantages: staining may occur, can be dented if something heavy is dropped or left inside the sink, easier to scratch.
Acrylic sinks -
While they are not as popular as stainless steel sinks, these sinks offer a good alternative. Advantages: stain resistant, scratch resistant, easy to clean, many colors to choose from, easy to buff out scratches. Disadvantages: sensitive to thermal shock.
Quartz sinks -
An elegant alternative to the usual materials use in making kitchen sinks Advantages: very resistant, a large variety of colors and shapes, easy to clean. Disadvantages: high price.
Stone sinks -
Stone adds originlity to any kitchen. Most used materials are granite and marble. Advantages: very good thermal resistance, durability, elegant appearance. Disadvantages: high price, easy to stain.
Cast iron sinks -
While they are the cheapest sinks, they are also the least durable sinks out there. Advantages: lowest price, easy to clean, lots of colors to choose from. Disadvantages: easily damaged, improper care may even lead to holes in the sink, high weight which makes it harder to install.
Andreea Ion is the owner of http://www.cbsinks.com, website specialized in Stainless Steel Sinks
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 25, 2017 6 Ways You Can Spruce Up Your Kitchen on a Budget by James Cummings
- Jul 7, 2017 7 Simple and Affordable Ways to Update the Look of your Master Bathroom by Vincent Pezzimenti
- Jun 7, 2017 How to Remove Calcium Deposits from a Showerhead by William parrett
- Apr 4, 2017 How to Install a Bathroom Vanity by Alex Cordier
- Apr 4, 2017 How to Build a Bath Frame by Alex Cordier