- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 163
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 123
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 84
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 66
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 63
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 56
- Safety / Security — 56
- Windows / Siding — 55
- Builders Associations — 53
Why you should Consider Renovating Your Old Kitchen with Oak Cabinets?
by Saptarshi Masid on Feb 26, 2013
Oak is a solid wood that is heavy, durable and easy to maintain. Rebuilding your old kitchen with oak cabinets is a good idea as no wood can beat the timelessness and good look of oak. Oak kitchens are popular for the availability of kitchen furniture and cabinets in wide range, from classical to contemporary. There are many reasons to consider oak as the building material for your new kitchen.
Oak is less expensive
Oak is available in lesser price than maple or cherry woods, which help in kitchen renovation in a pocket-friendly budget. There are many agencies, which provide furniture and cabinets completely made of oak at the same price of chipboard kitchen cabinets.
Durability of Oak
Oak is a very durable and can last for generations. It is often used for the purpose of flooring and that says of its long durability.
Wide range of colour
Oak can easily take up any colour, varnish or stains as it is much porous. Different colours that are generally seen on oak cabinets and furniture are brown, yellow, red, white or even discrete steaks of black or green if they are present on the original wood. Thus, you will be able to give any look to your kitchen according to your choice. Oak can be faded out after many years if it comes in direct contact of sunlight. Apply the colour again if you don’t like the grainy look of this wood.
Oak is easy to maintain through simple procedures. Either wipe the oak kitchen with lukewarm water and sponge or spray small amount of cleaner directly on the cabinet or on the cloth and then wipe well. Use a dry cloth for final wipe-off.
Apart from the abovementioned reasons to consider oak as the chief material for newly-made kitchen there are certain points you should be aware of:
- Many agencies provide cabinets and kitchen furniture which has rims made of oak and the interiors are made of cheaper woods like tulipwood or pinewood, which are not durable like European oak. Have a close look or take the help of an expert to ensure that they are made of solid oak throughout.
- Check every details like warranty-period, manufacturer’s information, type and quality of the oak used before you finally select and buy your oak kitchen.
- The oak kitchens can be pre-built and installed readymade. Check the installation cost and make sure to provide the exact size of your kitchen so that the prebuilt cabinets fit well in your kitchen. Otherwise it will look ugly or might end up with extra charges for alteration.
- If you plan to customize the oak furniture and cabinets for your kitchen, browse through different sizes, shapes and look for them, so that you can select the best one.
Selecting oak furniture and cabinets for your kitchen is wise idea if you look at various aspects carefully. If you have larger kitchen, you can arrange for eat-in facility with dining table and chairs made of oak. Decide the size and shape of the table according to your family need. Apart from this, big kitchens might have kitchen-island and butcher’s table also. Find out a good company who can provide an extensive range of products at a good price.
Author’s Bio: George Gray is the CEO of a market surveying company in UK. The company studies current trends for various products, especially for household commodities. George is working in this field over 30 years and is aware of demand and availability of different types of products. After his work hours, George pays interest in formula one car racing.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 1, 2016 5 Fun Ways to Upgrade Your Kitchen by Guest
- Nov 21, 2016 How to Find and Buy the Best Walk-In Bathtub Today by Charlie Brown
- Oct 28, 2016 These Bathroom Trends Will Become More Popular in 2017 by Jane Brown
- Oct 27, 2016 The Benefits Of Grease Traps by Rick Hill
- Aug 9, 2016 What Restaurants Can Teach You About the Kitchen of Your Dreams by Jane Brown