- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 168
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- Real Estate / Finance — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 56
Making Wide Shades Fit Narrow Windows
by Michigan State University on Apr 26, 2012
- To reduce the width of a shade, remove it from the roller.
- Measure the distance between the holes in the brackets on the window frame where the shade will be hung. Mark this measurement on the roller, measuring from the end with the spring.
- Cut the extra length from the roller end which does not have the spring. Remove the metal end from the cut- off piece and put in on the roller.
- Test the roller in the brackets to see if it runs freely.
- Cut off one side of the shade to fit the roller and tack it back in place on the roller.
- Hang the shade at the window.
Windows / Siding 1280 Views
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 1, 2017 What Causes Home Windows to Fog and How to Deal with It? by Apex Window Werks
- Jan 10, 2017 Double Glazed Windows Cost | Is It Worth It? by Sally Smith
- Dec 16, 2016 Do-It-Yourself Home Weatherizing Projects by Jane Brown
- Aug 9, 2016 How Expert Can You Be in Window Cleaning by Rick Hall
- Mar 21, 2016 Warning Signs of Old Windows by Guest