- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 187
- Garden / Landscaping — 169
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Real Estate / Finance — 97
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 73
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 60
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 57
Confused about Choosing the Best Window Shutters?
by Ryan Holman on Mar 5, 2014
Are you searching for best interior shutters for your home? Interior shutters are definitely a fresh and attractive option that can enhance the beauty of a home. Moreover, they serve many benefits such as they can regulate light, insulate against heat, cold and noise, provide optimum privacy and a lot more.
Furthermore, as there are various types of shutters available in the market today that it may become difficult for you to choose the best. However, by keeping certain points in your mind you’ll surely be able to select the one that is best suitable for your needs. These points generally include:
- Choose window shutters that coordinate well with the design and colour of your home.
- Compare various styles and choose the one that suits your home’s design and structure.
- Before actually buying a shutter, ask for the product’s durability and lifetime expectancy.
- Make sure that the shutters that you wish to purchase must be affordable, easy to install and provide greatest protection.
So, these are some of the important points that can be very helpful for you to select the best window treatment for your home.
Now, let’s have a look over various most popular styles of shutters that are in style these days:
- Plantation shutters: Plantation shutters work best in terms of design with most existing interior design and décor. They usually take up a lot less room as compared to curtains and are a whole lot stronger than window blinds. Moreover, these shutters can be designed to fold open or simply let light in with tiling the louvers. The variety of colours available in plantation style shutters allow you to pick the colour that most suits the rooms that you are installing your shutters in. Below are some of the reasons to choose plantation shutters:
- These shutters comes with operable louvers available in variety of blade sizes that can be rotate, open or closed to control the level of natural light, visibility and airflow.
- These are available in a bi-fold track style, which makes them ideal for large windows and sliding glass doors.
- The insulating designs of plantation shutters help to lower your energy bills.
- These shutters can also protect your furnishings from harmful UV rays.
- These shutters are children and pets friendly.
- Various features like a hidden tilt rod allow you to personalize your plantation shutters to meet the unique needs of your home.
- Half height shutters: Half height shutters, which are also known as cafe style shutters, are generally used to cover just the lower section of the window while leaving the upper section open. These styles of shutters are most often used where the customers want to gain privacy especially when the room is close to the street. Below are some of the reasons to choose half height shutters:
- These shutters helps to retain maximum light entering the room through the upper portion of the window.
- You can keep your room private as the passers-by can’t see though the blades of half height shutters.
- These shutters are the best option for people who want to keep curtains, which can be closed at night to make the room feel cosy.
- Solid style shutters: If you are looking for a more traditional look than solid style shutters are a fantastic solution. As the name suggests, these shutters are designed in a way that the design of the panels have a solid section instead of having adjustable blades within the structure of the panels. These shutters are usually intended to be closed over at night and then folded back in the daytime. Below are some of the reasons to choose half height shutters:
- These shutters are generally available in two styles namely raised panel shutters and shaker style solid shutters.
- These can be installed easily using the same techniques and frames as the regular plantation shutters.
- These shutters look stylish and are well suited to more contemporary homes.
Just think about your purpose of installing shutters and the practical considerations before you opt for any of the styles of shutters for your home.
Ryan, working with shutter making company since many years likes to write and post blogs and articles on various topics. She has a great knowledge on various types of shutters including plantation shutters, full height shutters, cafe style shutters and many more.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 1, 2017 What Causes Home Windows to Fog and How to Deal with It? by Apex Window Werks
- Jan 10, 2017 Double Glazed Windows Cost | Is It Worth It? by Sally Smith
- Dec 16, 2016 Do-It-Yourself Home Weatherizing Projects by Jane Brown
- Aug 9, 2016 How Expert Can You Be in Window Cleaning by Rick Hall
- Mar 21, 2016 Warning Signs of Old Windows by Guest