- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 183
- Garden / Landscaping — 164
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 128
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 92
- Real Estate / Finance — 91
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 66
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 59
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 56
- Windows / Siding — 56
How Expert Can You Be in Window Cleaning
by Rick Hall on Aug 9, 2016
You might think a sponge and a window cleaning solution will do the trick, but windows need much more than that. One might even wonder why one must be an expert in order to wash windows. And here is why:
- Nobody likes cleaning windows because it is a tiring task (no wonder why it is done once a year) and never bothers to learn how to do the task well
- Many people don't even use a sponge to clean windows but newspapers or paper towels. On a same day basis, they just use their elbow or fingers to remove some stains
- Windows don't consist just of glass but also have frames, screens and windowsills, which are usually neglected
- Not all windows are reachable or easy to clean. Think of windows at office buildings, sky windows or windows that only open half way
What we have established so far is that not all windows are easily cleaned and then again windows are not often cleaned well. Want to clean your windows properly? If you are going do it, at least learn how to do it well. Cleaning windows is tiresome and time consuming. At least, enjoy the best possible results.
Step-by-step window cleaning instructions
First of all, gear up. Get the best possible detergent, a squeegee, a sponge, a clean cloth and a bucket with water or a spray bottle.
- Start your way out and move in meaning clean the windowsills, screens and frames first and then work on the glass. In a different case, the glass will get dirty again
- Wet the glass, add some detergent and use a sponge to remove dirt. Keep in mind that some squeegees also include a sponge at their back side and they will make the task a lot easier
- Wipe the windows with the rubber blade side of the squeegee and use the cloth to control drops
If you don't use enough water and the right gear or keep wiping the window with a dirty cloth or your hands and elbows, all you do is expanding dirt and creating static charge which attracts more dust.
Leave commercial window cleaning to the experts
Not all windows are accessible by us. When it comes to commercial window cleaning, you are out of options unless you have superhero powers and can climb skyscrapers. It's not accidental that there are companies offering height services. Some points cannot be reached. And we are not talking just about windows placed at the top part of the wall or ceiling. Windows must be cleaned at both sides or they will still look dirty. But who can do that other than experts with the right lifting machines and experience?
One more reason why commercial window cleaning cannot be done by you? You won't know how to remove paint, over-accumulated debris, stickers, chewing gum or other particles from the glass – at least not without causing damage.
At the end of the day, you can learn how to clean home ground floor windows effectively. But when it comes to sky windows, commercial and industrial buildings, or post construction glass dirt, you'd better rely on the true experts to avoid risks and enjoy the best results.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 1, 2017 What Causes Home Windows to Fog and How to Deal with It? by Apex Window Werks
- Jan 10, 2017 Double Glazed Windows Cost | Is It Worth It? by Sally Smith
- Dec 16, 2016 Do-It-Yourself Home Weatherizing Projects by Jane Brown
- Mar 21, 2016 Warning Signs of Old Windows by Guest
- Mar 20, 2016 Warning Signs of Old Windows by Guest