Rent or Buy Your Power Tools and Other Equipment?
by Martin Gracewell on Jul 5, 2016
If you’re pretty good with your hands and feel like refurbishing your home to increase its value, you’ll probably need to invest in some heavy-duty equipment at some stage. This includes welding equipment and cutting tools. But this type of equipment is very expensive and is often difficult to attain from regular sources.
There is a wide range of tools on the market from hardware stores, but if you’re looking to save money, you’ll likely choose the cheapest tools. The problem with this approach is that you will often be throwing away money since these types of cheap tools can be unreliable. They might not even last through the refurbishing job, which makes them a complete waste of time and money.
Why Renting is a Better Option
Why throw away your hard-earned money on cheap tools that are inferior, and will probably not last through the home refurbishment? If you’d like to save some money and get superior tools and equipment, maybe it’s time that you considered renting the tools that you need from a reliable and reputable company like MTS Welding Hire & Sales. They provide welding equipment hire, drilling tools, lighting, and pipework equipment.
Here is why you should seriously consider renting these tools:
- Superior quality: Even though you can go out to the local hardware store and grab an inexpensive bagful of tools, it’s more than likely that the tools will be of inferior quality and underperform on the job. Have you ever tried to drill through masonry with an inferior drill bit that simply goes blunt? Or have you ever tried to cut through steel with an angle grinder that wasn’t powerful enough? What’s worse is that many of these tools don’t have great quality and production controls around them, so the chances are that they will be shoddily made and may even be dangerous. This is the last thing you want when you’re trying to renovate your home!
- Budget: Even though it might seem like a luxury to go out and rent the tools that you need, have you ever considered that these superior quality tools will do the job better and will not break your budget? It may be cheaper to buy that Korean-made drill, but you need to balance the price and performance versus the quality of the tool.
- Time savings: At the end of the day, better quality tools will mean that you can get the job done more quickly. Have you ever tried drilling through polycarbonate with a rechargeable drill that simply isn’t powerful enough and loses battery life quickly? This is why you need good quality tools to get the job done on time. For the price of that bag full of cheap tools, you can hire out all of the good quality tools that you need and save time, frustration and money.
Hire from the Right People
By investing in superior quality tools and equipment, whether it is diamond drill bits or welding equipment hire, you will get the job done on time and under budget.
Three Places to Spend Money on the Exterior of Your Home
When you have the exterior of your home remodeled, you are investing, time, energy and convenience into the project and you want to make sure that...
When to Use a Brush, Roller or Sponge Brush
Brushes are a good choice for painting trim and woodwork. They are also useful for cutting in the edges around the top and bottom edges and corners...
Homemade Headboards-Make an Upholstered or Wooden Headboard
Homemade headboards can add a lot of personality to any bedroom. They can be coordinated with existing furniture and room decor or they can be the...
Creating a Cottage Kitchen with Bead Board
Kitchen decor can range from modern and bold to elegant and elaborate by using strategic kitchen pieces. One of the most popular decorating trends...
Gas Fireplace Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Follow these steps for diagnosing and troubleshooting Gas Fireplaces repairs. For the average DIYer, this may seem intimidating, depending on the...
An All-Inclusive Guide to Eco-Friendly Interior Design: 5 Ways to Do It Best
Over 100 countries have enforced policies on sustainable consumption and production according to the 2018 UN Sustainable Development Goals Report....
on May 3, 2023
Unique Ways to Clean Your Window Tracks
As we get closer to springtime you might be noticing that your windows need a good cleaning. Not only is it your windows, but it is the window...
on Apr 3, 2023
Navigating Singapore's Property Regulations: A Guide for Foreign Investors
Singapores property market has been attracting foreign investors for many years, thanks to its stable economy, strong legal system, and transparent...
on Mar 22, 2023
What Truck Size Do I Need to Move a 3-Bedroom House
Moving to a new home can be a complex and stressful process, but with the help of the right truck size, you can make it a smooth and seamless...
on Feb 13, 2023
Five Tips to Take Better Care of Your Basement Insulation
Basement waterproofing is an essential part of home maintenance, as it helps to protect the basement from moisture, flooding, and other...
on Feb 12, 2023
What Type of Licensed Contractor Should You Hire?
on Feb 28, 2017
Hire Contractors / Estimates
Looking for a specialty project? There are many types of contractors available for your home improvement needs. Finding the right type of...
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 260
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 239
- Real Estate / Finance — 195
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 184
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 147
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 144
- Improvements / Remodeling — 131
- Plumbing / Basements — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 115
- Doors / Garages — 113
- Safety / Security — 112
More DIY Articles
Tips for Waterproofing Your Basement
Water damage is the most common form of home damage and can be caused by rain, humidity, seepage, plumbing leaks, burst pipes, and overflows. Your...
DIY Solar Panel Guide
DIY solar panel installation is cheaper than professional solar panel installation, but installing your panels is costly and requires some DIY...
DIY Storage Improvements
One of the best improvements you can make to your home with some basic joinery skills is an increase in available storage. Most homes run out of...
Top 6 Things to Look for When Hiring a Professional Plumber
Whether you need to replace bathtub faucets or unclog drainage systems and kitchen sinks, a plumber does it all. However, look for a professional...
Choosing the Right Garage Door for Your Home
Decisions that involve your home in any way can often be extremely difficult and time-consuming. It can be stressful to select interior design...