What Is RSS?
RSS stands for either "Really Simple Syndication", or "Rich Site Summary". It's a way for websites to announce new content available and this content can be viewed in an RSS reader or displayed on other web sites.
RSS feeds are a convenient way to keep up to date with our latest home repair related articles without having to visit our website to check for new content.
Where can I find RSS Feeds?
You can download 411homerepair.com feeds from many locations within our site. You can easily spot the RSS feed as it is designated by an orange XML button. With this, you will get the headline and summary of each new article.
Our Most Popular RSS Feeds:
How Do I Use an RSS Feed?
For Windows Live Mail (link):
- Open Windows Live Mail by clicking the Start button
- In the search box, type Mail, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Live Mail
- In the left pane, click Feeds
- Click the Home tab, and then click Feed
- Type the web address for the RSS feed, and then click OK.
- To view the feed, click the RSS feed under your feeds
For Apple Mail (link):
- Launch Mail by clicking on its icon in the Dock or from your Applications Folder
- Select "File" from the top menu and click on "Add RSS Feeds"
- Click on the radio button next to "Specify a Custom Feed URL"
- Select the checkbox next to "Show in Inbox" if you want the updated feed items to show up in your inbox with the rest of your mail
- Type in the RSS feed URL in the box below and click "Add" to add this feed to Mail's feed reader
- Look under "RSS" on the left side of Apple Mail's window to see all the feeds
For Outlook (link):
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings
- On the RSS Feeds tab, click New
- In the New RSS Feed dialog box, type or press CTRL+V to paste the URL of the RSS Feed
- Click Add
- Click OK
More Ways to Use Our RSS Feeds
Another way to stay up-to-date with our new content is to use an RSS Feed Reader within your web browser. There are options within the Internet including but not limited to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Google reader is no longer available.
How can I syndicate our content?
You can either use one of the many applications that aggregate RSS feeds, usually known as a News or RSS Aggregators like Radio Userland, AmphetaDesk or infoSnorkel. You can integrate these RSS feeds into your blog or content management system (CMS) to provide new content on your website.