What Is RSS?
RSS stands for either "Really Simple Syndication", or "Rich Site Summary". It's a way for a website to announce new content available on a website, and this content can be viewed in an RSS reader or displayed on other websites (note below syndication requirements).
RSS feeds are a convenient way to keep up to date with our latest health and wellness articles without having to visit our website to check for updates and new content.
Where can I find RSS Feeds?
You can download 411homerepair.com feeds from many locations within our site. You can easily spot the RSS feed as it is designated by an orange XML button. With this, you will get the headline and summary of each new article.
Our Most Popular RSS Feeds:
How Do I Use an RSS Feed?
For Windows Live Mail (link):
- Open Windows Live Mail by clicking the Start button
- In the search box, type Mail, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Live Mail
- In the left pane, click Feeds
- Click the Home tab, and then click Feed
- Type the web address for the RSS feed, and then click OK.
- To view the feed, click the RSS feed under your feeds
For Apple Mail (link):
- Launch Mail by clicking on its icon in the Dock or from your Applications Folder
- Select "File" from the top menu and click on "Add RSS Feeds"
- Click on the radio button next to "Specify a Custom Feed URL"
- Select the checkbox next to "Show in Inbox" if you want the updated feed items to show up in your inbox with the rest of your mail
- Type in the RSS feed URL in the box below and click "Add" to add this feed to Mail's feed reader
- Look under "RSS" on the left side of Apple Mail's window to see all the feeds
For Outlook (link):
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings
- On the RSS Feeds tab, click New
- In the New RSS Feed dialog box, type or press CTRL+V to paste the URL of the RSS Feed
- Click Add
- Click OK
More Ways to Use Our RSS Feeds
Another way to stay up-to-date with our new content is to use an RSS Feed Reader within your web browser. The most popular one is Google Reader, but there are also options within Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
How can I syndicate 411HomeRepair.com content?
We require you to contact 411HomeRepairr.com if you are planning on using any RSS feeds into your blog or content management system (CMS) that provides new content on your website.
The feeds are provided free of charge with permission, and you must provide credit to 411 Home Repair and you cannot alter the content or logo in any way.