- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 231
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 218
- Appliance / Repair — 175
- Interior Design / Decor — 162
- Real Estate / Finance — 155
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 115
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 112
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 103
- Improvements / Remodeling — 101
- Plumbing / Basements — 99
- Construction / Materials — 95
10 Tips to Lowering an Electricity Bill
by Chad Rinideour on Apr 23, 2017
This layout 10 different strategies you can do to help drastically lower your electricity bill so that you can save and spend money on the things in life that are really important to you.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR ELECTRIC BILLS
Most consumers are very selective when it comes to choosing their phone service provider, deciding which gas station to go to save the most amount of money, or picking a car insurance company that has the cheapest rates.
However, when it comes to saving on the costs of electric bills, very few residents know exactly what they are paying for or how to lower your costs - especially for warmer weather residents.
This article will lay out 10 different strategies you can do to help drastically lower your electricity bill so that you can save and spend money on the things in life that are really important to you.
10 Ways To Save Money On Your Electricity Bill
1. Determine the cost per kilowatt-hour of electricity used per month.
2. Do not choose a standard or basic plan from your utility company
Too many customers choose the standard plan because it is easier to understand. However, the standard plan will end up costing the most amount of money.
3. Avoid using the A/C from 12pm to 7pm
In combination with tip #2 above, if you purchase a plan such as the APS Time Advantage plan, you can save a ton of money by only using energy outside of the hours of 12pm-7pm
Use A/C, turn your fan on, and use appliances outside the hours of 12pm to 7pm to save a ton of money.
4. Run washing machines and dryers at night and in the morning instead of the afternoon
By running washing machines during non-peak hours, such as during nighttime and morning time, your energy costs will go down substantially and you will save a good chunk of money.
5. Run the A/C at night and in the morning
By doing this, you can help keep your house cool, so that during peak hours when the A/C is turned off, the house will still be at a nice temperature.
6. Be aware of “demand charges”
In simplest terms, you will get charged substantially more during the day of the month that you use the most amount of energy.
7. Keep your drapes closed to help keep the heat out
By closing your drapes, it helps to insulate your house and keep the heat away, which can greatly decrease your electricity bill.
8. Avoid taking baths
9. Switch to LEDs
LED light bulbs are way more efficient and save up to $80 over the course of the bulb’s lifespan. Using LEDs, as well as turning off unused lights, can help decrease costs on your energy bill.
10. Use cold water or warm water when possible
Using hot water costs a lot more in energy costs than using cold water. Whether it is your dishwasher, your laundry machine, or taking a shower, it can save a substantial amount of money if you use cold water, rather than hot water.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 23, 2020 Skylight Maintenance - Diagnosis and Repair Tips by Valerie Muscat
- Jan 30, 2019 How Do Smart Meters Work? by Tom Grant
- Jan 3, 2019 10 Amazing Benefits of LEDs Over Traditional Lighting by Rohit
- Dec 19, 2018 How to Install LED Aluminum Profiles by Guest
- Aug 25, 2018 The Ultimate Guide To Your LED Lighting Needs by Journo Henry