- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 83
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 70
Landscaping: Your Return on Investment
by Dan Eskelson on Apr 30, 2012
Researchers conducted a study of home sale prices and compared the results based on varying levels of landscape quality. Not only were the type, size and condition of plantings considered, but also the overall design. Landscapes were rated "poor," "average," "good," or "excellent." Results concluded that those homes with good and excellent landscapes had a fourteen to seventeen percent higher sale value than those in the poor and average categories.
This study was done in Greenville, SC and included 218 single family residences. Though results may vary slightly by region, the study indicates that the monetary return on investment for quality landscaping certainly justifies the cost; better landscapes bring higher sale value.
In addition to sale value, proper landscape installation will insure less expense over time and greater satisfaction. In my years of landscaping experience, I've been required to replant and/or repair numerous landscapes which were originally installed without proper planning and technique. This ends up being more expensive than doing the job right the first time.
Dan Eskelson @ Clearwater Landscapes, Inc.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 11, 2018 6 Best Ideas to Increase the Curb Appeal of Your Home with Landscaping by Brenda Vollman
- Apr 7, 2018 Cancel Allergy Season with These Common Sense Landscaping Tips by Wesley Holbert
- Mar 20, 2018 7 Tips on Maintaining Your Lawn from Professional Lawn Care Companies by Brenda Vollman
- Feb 27, 2018 Are You Thinking of Building or Repairing a Wood Deck? by Guest
- Feb 9, 2018 How to Create Privacy in Your Yard - Simple Tips You Can Use by Boris Dzhingarov