- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 189
- Garden / Landscaping — 171
- Appliance / Repair — 150
- Interior Design / Decor — 137
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 99
- Real Estate / Finance — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 69
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 65
- Plumbing / Basements — 63
- Safety / Security — 62
- Construction / Materials — 60
Structural Designing: Creative Art of Building Structures
by Guest on Jan 19, 2010
Structural engineering is a field of civil engineering that involves the study of building safe and stable structures. The property of a structure being stable and secure is analyzed by structural civil engineers. Structural designing is a creative and complicated field that takes much proficiency and expertise to do site investigations and build structures on them.
It needs much of planning and strategic approach to build structures that are resistant to loads and external forces. A good building structure will always ensure integrity of building materials used and potential safety against sudden natural calamities. Every building structure has to go through the feasibility study of its suitability to build a structure on it. A civil engineer is responsible for this sensitive job of providing a feasible solution by doing site investigations and structural surveys to ensure the maximum stability of structure being made, they are also responsible for determining how energy, heat, and moisture will interact within the building and its materials.
While constructing a building many aspects are taken into consideration like load capacity, designing of columns, beams, floors, roofs, sewer drains and highways etc. Planning a design for all this is a complex job to do. Thus hiring an expert structural designer is a good decision. A civil structural engineer with experience, knowledge, and expertise will ease off your efforts to plan the design of the structure you want to build getting a feasible solution in terms of maximum stability, security and other factors that influence the strength of a building.
A structural engineer decides which construction technique should be used to provide an optimal design that is easy to implement and economic. Keeping in mind the safety measures of construction industry a good structural design engineer will save much of your efforts, money and ample of time. After the building is complete it is the job of a civil engineer to do the building survey and prepare subsidence and settlement reports if subjected to any cracks and construction faults.
Carley Daines & Partners is an established team of civil structural engineers providing site investigation structural design consultancy with over 38 years of experience in major structural design services and expertise in contaminated land investigation, Sewers drains and highway construction etc.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 30, 2017 Top Home Remodeling Ideas by Weng Jauod
- Aug 1, 2017 Wrought Iron Railings can Improve your Home’s Security by Guest
- Apr 27, 2017 The Right Decking Material to Choose and How to Maintain it for Your Specific Needs by Luke Sousa
- Apr 19, 2017 Smart Upgrades to Get More from Your Home Renovation by Jane Brown
- Apr 13, 2017 How Can You Use Custom Sheds by Aldrin