- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 135
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 99
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 99
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 91
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 87
How Safe is Glass Pool Fencing?
by Guest on Jul 25, 2014
It may seem surprising but glass is actually is a very safe fencing option for around swimming pools. The type of glass used is a thick, toughened glass that is very durable and very hard to break. Providing the glass is compliant with established standards, you can be assured of its safety.
Glass panels come in several variations of thickness – 8mm, 10mm and 12mm. The safest option is the 12mm thickness, though the 10mm is acceptable. Keep away from using 8mm panels, as they will not be as safe or as durable as the thicker options.
Pool fencing requirements and safety regulations are very stringent in many countries so it is important that the panels you use do comply to safety standards. You must ensure your supplier or fitter is using the correct glass and be aware there have been instances of cheap imports being used that do not comply to regulations. Standard safety glass is extremely hard to break but should it do so it is designed to shatter into granules that are blunt and effectively harmless.
In addition to being hard to break glass pool fencing is safe because it is transparent - you are able to clearly see through the glass and keep an eye on what is happening in your pool area. It acts as a barrier whilst allowing full visibility. Furthermore glass is very hard to climb. With no easy platforms to hook your feet into trying to scale a glass fence is almost impossible for young children and pets. Plus the panels are nearly always placed directly into the ground, or extremely close to the ground too thereby preventing children from climbing under the fence.
In terms of safety for you and your family, installing a glass pool fence is a great option. Sturdy, durable, weather resistant – glass pool fencing is an increasingly popular choice.
Online Glass Fencing design and install tailor made glass fencing and frameless pool fencing solutions for your pool. Wide range of colours and decore available.
With more than 20 years of experience installing frameless glass fencing in Sydney Online Glass Fencing glass fencing solutions marry cutting edge features, fabulous looks and state of the art protection.
Most Recent Articles
- May 21, 2019 Home Spa Ideas | How to Turn Your Bathroom into a Spa by Sally Smith
- Mar 11, 2019 How Inclement Weather Can Affect Your Pool by Tammy Emineth
- Nov 11, 2018 7 Luxury Pool Ideas For Your Home With Liquid Limestone by Valerie Muscat
- Jun 21, 2018 Should I Try to Tackle Resurfacing My Pool on My Own? by Brenda Vollman
- Oct 31, 2017 Your Quick Guide to Patching up a Vinyl Swimming Pool Liner by Frank Myrland