- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 116
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 78
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
A Few Things to Consider Before Hiring a Plumber
by Guest on Nov 26, 2013
As a home owner you know that things break and wear out. Home plumbing repairs may require calling a professional plumber to help you solve your problem.
Before hiring a plumber you may want to consider the following:
1.Ability: Choose a plumber or plumbing company based on the reputation and reviews of the customers rather than the cost alone.
2. License or Certification: Check for the license or certification, they may need to have it in order to make their company legitimate. Moreover every state issues the one.
3. Insurance: They must have both workers' compensation and liability insurance. The cost of hiring someone without it could be tremendous.
4. Visits: Group all your plumbing repairs so that their is only one visit to save the most money
5. Service Guarantees: What happens if after some minutes/hours/days after words the problem returns? Will it be re-fixed? Is the work guaranteed? Ask for a written warranty.
6. Safety: What if injuries or property damage occur during the repair work. It's always a good idea to ask rather than assume that hey will handle things in a professional manner.
7. Clean Up: Are they taking the responsibility for the clean up after the work has been finished? Will they properly dispose of the old fixtures or pipe?
8. Pricing: It is good to compare prices before you hire one. Sometimes lowest prices as well highest prices didn't give you the best value or result. Request a written estimate before you start.
Consider these things in order to make sure you are choosing the right plumber for your home and within your budget.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 20, 2018 5 Tips for Hiring a Reliable Painting Contractor by Guest
- Jul 11, 2018 Why You Need to Hire a Licensed and Insured Sandblasting Contractor by Mark Hawkins
- Apr 11, 2018 5 Ways to Choose a Restoration Company by Guest
- Apr 3, 2018 What You Need to Know About Rotary Drilling by T. Lopez
- Aug 28, 2017 Moving to a New Place – Things You Need to Do Beforehand by Boris Dzhingarov