- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 226
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 217
- Appliance / Repair — 175
- Interior Design / Decor — 157
- Real Estate / Finance — 146
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 109
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 103
- Plumbing / Basements — 95
- Improvements / Remodeling — 94
- Construction / Materials — 93
A Few Things to Consider Before Hiring a Plumber
by Guest on Nov 26, 2013
As a homeowner you know that things break and wear out. Home plumbing repairs may require calling a professional plumber to help you solve your problem.
Before hiring a plumber you may want to consider the following:
1.Ability: Choose a plumber or plumbing company based on the reputation and reviews of the customers rather than the cost alone.
2. License or Certification: Check for the license or certification, they may need to have it in order to make their company legitimate. Moreover every state issues the one.
3. Insurance: They must have both workers' compensation and liability insurance. The cost of hiring someone without it could be tremendous.
4. Visits: Group all your plumbing repairs so that their is only one visit to save the most money
5. Service Guarantees: What happens if after some minutes/hours/days after words the problem returns? Will it be re-fixed? Is the work guaranteed? Ask for a written warranty.
6. Safety: What if injuries or property damage occur during the repair work. It's always a good idea to ask rather than assume that hey will handle things in a professional manner.
7. Clean Up: Are they taking the responsibility for the clean up after the work has been finished? Will they properly dispose of the old fixtures or pipe?
8. Pricing: It is good to compare prices before you hire one. Sometimes lowest prices as well highest prices didn't give you the best value or result. Request a written estimate before you start.
Consider these things in order to make sure you are choosing the right plumber for your home and within your budget.
Most Recent Articles
- May 10, 2020 How to Choose a Crawl Space Encapsulation Company by Guest
- Apr 9, 2020 3 Tips for Dealing with a Ghosting Contractor by Joe Goldstein
- Mar 12, 2020 Ways to Find the Best Roofing Contractor by Charlie Brown
- Jan 30, 2020 Helpful Tips on Selecting the Right Contractor by 411
- Dec 4, 2019 Plaster Repair: DIY or Hire a Professional by Kieran Quilligan