- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 254
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Real Estate / Finance — 182
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 144
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 129
- Plumbing / Basements — 115
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 112
- Safety / Security — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
Top Ways To Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal
by Nick Marr on Oct 22, 2021
The exterior of your home is the first thing people see, and as everyone knows, first impressions matter. Because of this, you should never overlook your home's facade and yard if you are hoping to make a good impression. Whether you are thinking of putting your house on the market or are simply looking to spruce up your home's outside appearance, consider these top ways to improve your home's curb appeal.
Spruce Up Your Front Door
Your front door faces a lot of wear and tear through the years. Not only is it used when people come in and out of your home, but in most cases, it's also exposed to the outside elements 365 days a year.
One option to consider is a complete door replacement. There are many modern choices that can give your home an immediate facelift. However, while many reasonably-priced options can make a big visual impact, you may also want to consider other factors, such as durability and rate of return, when selecting a new door. For example, a door constructed from steel can be a particularly good investment because it looks great, can weather the elements, and provides excellent security and insulation.
If your budget is limited, don't despair. Applying a fresh coat of paint is simple and very cost-effective, and while your door will be the same, a new color can really change the look of your entrance. Additionally, you can take the DIY project one step further by updating your door with new contemporary hardware.
Replace Your Garage Door
When it comes to curb appeal, don't overlook your garage door. A garage door's size, along with its front-and-center placement, provides you with a great way to enhance the look of your house, add a splash of style, and make a big impact.
Best of all, with the right garage door company, there are many available options that allow you to find the perfect fit: a garage door that can make a statement, blend with your home's aesthetic, and provide an impressive return on your investment.
Options that can spruce up your home's facade include:
- A door that is made of steel but looks like natural wood
- A combination of glass panels and aluminum creates a sleek and contemporary statement
- An option that looks like a charming carriage house wooden door but opens and operates like a contemporary garage door
- A combination of classic wood and glass windows for a timeless look
- An easy-to-maintain option made of fiberglass or aluminum
- A customized option that can make a large-scale statement
Invest in Good Landscaping
If someone pulls up in front of your house, you don't want to greet them with overgrown grass or a field of weeds. For a small investment of time and a little elbow grease, you can maintain a neatly manicured lawn by regularly mowing and weeding your yard. If yard work is not your thing, consider hiring a landscaping company to maintain your yard for you.
If you'd like to add some pops of color to your landscaping, consider adding flowers. Professionals can plan and install a beautiful and easy-to-care-for landscape, but there are DIY options as well. Nurseries and home improvement stores sell everything you need to tackle the project yourself, and if you plant perennials, the flowers will rebloom every season.
A house with optimal curb appeal can make a great first impression. By investing in changes, such as a refreshed front entrance, a new garage door, or quality landscaping, you can improve the look of your home and get a higher price when it comes time to sell.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 15, 2021 Best Ways to Improve Your Home by Boris Dzhingarov
- Aug 2, 2021 Five Home Improvements That Will Change Your Life by Nick Marr
- Jul 31, 2021 3 Reasons Why Your Home Needs a Renovation by Guest
- Jul 31, 2021 Four Overlooked Aspects of Home Remodeling by Laura Bell
- Jul 15, 2021 Consider These Tips Before You Start Your Bathroom Remodel by Guest