- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 83
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 70
How to Clean and Look After Your uPVC Windows
by kevin on Feb 28, 2018
A clean window can have an impact on the attractiveness of your home. Windows made from uPVC rarely require maintenance to keep them looking good. Furthermore, uPVC windows are weatherproof so they won't require painting or varnishing. However, uPVC windows will need a regular clean to keep them maintained. Our article will help you to clean and maintain your uPVC windows.
How to Clean the uPVC Frame.
uPVC window frames should be cleaned at least twice a year. The more cleaning you do to your windows the easier it will be to do the task each time.
Follow these following steps to clean your uPVC window Frame.
- Use a small brush to break up dirt and gunk.
- Vacuum up all the loose dirt and gunk.
- Create a soapy warm bucket of water.
- Using a soft cloth wipe down the uPVC frames.
- Clean all edges and sills.
- Wipe dry with a clean soft cloth.
When cleaning uPVC window frames please do not use coloured cloths as the dye can run and stain the uPVC. Avoiding use sponges and abrasives as these can scratch and damage the uPVC. If you have stubborn stains and dirt you can use a uPVC cleaner, these can be purchased from most DIY shops.
How to Clean the Window Glass.
St Helens glass should be cleaned more times than the uPVC frames. Cleaning up to 6 times a year is the best for keeping perfectly clean windows. Try not to clean your glass windows in sunlight as this can leave streaks. Before starting out its best to give the glass window a good wipe down to remove any excess dirt. Clean the window using warm soapy water with a soft cloth or a chemical window cleaner.
- Make a hot soapy bucket of water.
- Using a soft cloth wash the windows in a circular motion.
- Rinse down with fresh none soapy water.
- Dry off the window using a dry soft cloth to remove any streaks.
- Admire your stunning clean windows.
How to Clean Window Hinges and Handles.
Spray oil is one of the best solutions for helping to maintain the hinges and handles of uPVC windows. Oiling should be done at least once in every six months. Oil the locking system and the hinges. This will keep everything operational.
- Window locking systems - Open the window fully, spray oil on the locking strips. Clean up any excess oil left behind.
- Window Handles - Close the window fully, spray a tiny amount of oil into the lock and wiggle your key inside. This will prevent the lock and handle from seizing.
- Window Hinges - Open the window wide so you can access the hinges. Spray a small amount of oil onto the hinges. This will help the window open and close better.
This guide can also be used for cleaning and maintaining composite doors, uPVC doors, and aluminum windows.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 19, 2018 5 Warning Signs That You Need To Replace Your Windows by Guest
- Apr 16, 2018 Replacing Broken Window Glass Like A Pro by Sue Johnson
- Jan 3, 2018 Save Some Money and Fix that Window Yourself by Guest
- Dec 28, 2017 Top 5 Reasons to Buy Venetian Blinds by Guest
- Oct 12, 2017 Choosing the Right Roller Blinds For Your Home by Alex Cordier