How to Reclaim Your Home after Water Damage with the Experts
by Guest on Aug 30, 2020
The risk of floods in the U.S is even higher today and as the debate on the major causes of weather changes rages on, most property owners are suffering profound losses. The last thing on your mind when a storm ravages your city is whether it is the result of global warming or poor planning in the city. One thing that is clear today is that no one is safe.
According to a report published by USA Today, the country had more floods in 2016 than in any other year in the records. For property owners, this means billions in damages. Whether you have enough cover or not, it is important to learn how you can reclaim your home after a major flood. Your region might not be among the most afflicted today but with the volatile weather patterns, it is good to know where you can turn to in case of flood damage.
The Devastation Caused by Flooding
You must have seen the impact of flooding on the news but it is important to appreciate that tomorrow it could be you suffering such a predicament. Water damage can ruin you financially by destroying the single most important investment in your life; your home. Worse still, a home affected by floods can be designated as unsafe to live in due to mold growth. Toxic mold causes respiratory complications and however minor the flood damage seems, it is crucial to get certified water damage professionals to inspect the property.
Using a Water Damage Expert
For most homeowners today, DIY projects are the in-thing to save as much money as possible. However, for flood damage, it is important to use a professional for the following services:
- Home Inspection – After a flood, make sure you have a specialist come in and inspect the entire property. These experts have the skills and expertise required to identify any underlying issues including structural damage, the presence of toxic gases such as carbon, mold growth, and other problems.
- Water Extraction – If your basement or the rest of the house is flooded, the priority should be water removal to assess the damage and start any repairs necessary. Immediate water extraction helps to avoid any further damage to the floors, walls, and your house items.
- Mold Removal – Mold grows on wet surfaces and when it floods, you will, without doubt, have to deal with mold growth issues. To avert the health complications associated with mold growth, it is advisable to call in a certified mold removal expert to comprehensively deal with the mold growth. The process entails identifying the source of water, repairing it, and removing the affected areas. Once the surface is fully disinfected, the surface is repaired to get your home back in its former shape.
- Odor Removal – Every homeowner desires the best indoor air quality (IAQ) but after floods, this is not easy. A flood damage repair contractor has the necessary equipment to fix all the areas ruining the indoor air quality by cleaning and removing any affected items.
Go on and call in a flood repair expert and reclaim your home quickly. This also saves you from future home repairs by detecting all underlying problems.
Three Places to Spend Money on the Exterior of Your Home
When you have the exterior of your home remodeled, you are investing, time, energy and convenience into the project and you want to make sure that...
When to Use a Brush, Roller or Sponge Brush
Brushes are a good choice for painting trim and woodwork. They are also useful for cutting in the edges around the top and bottom edges and corners...
Homemade Headboards-Make an Upholstered or Wooden Headboard
Homemade headboards can add a lot of personality to any bedroom. They can be coordinated with existing furniture and room decor or they can be the...
Creating a Cottage Kitchen with Bead Board
Kitchen decor can range from modern and bold to elegant and elaborate by using strategic kitchen pieces. One of the most popular decorating trends...
Gas Fireplace Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Follow these steps for diagnosing and troubleshooting Gas Fireplaces repairs. For the average DIYer, this may seem intimidating, depending on the...
An All-Inclusive Guide to Eco-Friendly Interior Design: 5 Ways to Do It Best
Over 100 countries have enforced policies on sustainable consumption and production according to the 2018 UN Sustainable Development Goals Report....
on May 3, 2023
Unique Ways to Clean Your Window Tracks
As we get closer to springtime you might be noticing that your windows need a good cleaning. Not only is it your windows, but it is the window...
on Apr 3, 2023
Navigating Singapore's Property Regulations: A Guide for Foreign Investors
Singapores property market has been attracting foreign investors for many years, thanks to its stable economy, strong legal system, and transparent...
on Mar 22, 2023
What Truck Size Do I Need to Move a 3-Bedroom House
Moving to a new home can be a complex and stressful process, but with the help of the right truck size, you can make it a smooth and seamless...
on Feb 13, 2023
Five Tips to Take Better Care of Your Basement Insulation
Basement waterproofing is an essential part of home maintenance, as it helps to protect the basement from moisture, flooding, and other...
on Feb 12, 2023
What Type of Licensed Contractor Should You Hire?
on Feb 28, 2017
Hire Contractors / Estimates
Looking for a specialty project? There are many types of contractors available for your home improvement needs. Finding the right type of...
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 260
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 239
- Real Estate / Finance — 195
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 184
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 147
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 144
- Improvements / Remodeling — 131
- Plumbing / Basements — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 115
- Doors / Garages — 113
- Safety / Security — 112
More DIY Articles
Iron Baluster Design Tips
Iron balusters can add a classic look to the exterior or interior of any home. Whether incorporated into stair railings or used for deck or...
4 Benefits of Power Washing
People who tried this method say that power washing is one of the greatest methods in which you use water under the high pressure generated by...
What to Do When Your Home Keyless Entry Does not Work?
Keyless entry systems for the home are advanced security options that can ensure better protection against burglary and other facets of home...
Furnishing a New Home on a Budget Read These Amazing Tips First
When you move into your first home, it is a thrilling time. Ensure that you take the time to take a step back and realize what an epic moment this...
Things to Do Before Buying a Blind
Blinds and shades have been very popular these days. They are used for aesthetic and practical benefits. More and more individuals are so into them...