- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 180
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 128
- Plumbing / Basements — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Safety / Security — 109
Metal Garage Kits Provide Ideal DIY Structures
by eZineArticles.com on Nov 4, 2011
Metal garage kits come in a variety of designs, styles and dimensions. The majority of these kits can be assembled with only one or two people. Many manufacturers tout that raising one of these structures from start to finish can be accomplished within one weekend and by using only basic, everyday household tools. If you are looking for an easy, do-it-yourself garage, shed or structure then metal garage kits could very well be for you.
The majority of metal garage kits offered today utilize high grade steel for its frame and panels. Some companies even feature recycled steel in their kits, rendering the materials environmentally friendly. A majority of the construction costs are absorbed by the manufacturing plants that produce the steel to fit and lock together. Cost is reduced by the expensive assembly in conventional construction being automated in the plant.
Mobility is another feature of these metal kits that is very appealing to those with several properties needing storage space. While building codes vary from place to place, most are accepting of garages built from kits. In most cases, all you must do to assemble the garage structure is to fit the bolts and screws into the designated spots. To dismantle, repeat the process backwards.
The fire rating in metal garage kits are normally very high. This will save you money on insurance. More often than not, additional savings can be had by adding insulation that is two to three inches thick. This creates a substantial lining comparable to two and a half feet of masonry, which in turn creates an energy efficient building. Another perk of owning a metal garage is its capacity to defend against inclement weather as well. By having a waterproof structure, you can rest easy knowing your tools and other belongings will be safe from the elements that may cause rust and corrosion.
Garage kits could fit the bill if you do not like the idea of paying a monthly fee to house goods in a storage garage away from where you live. Knowing your possessions are safe, sound and mere steps away from your front door can give you peace of mind. And if you may be concerned about the structure being drab or sticking out like a sore thumb in your neighborhood, the customizable options for your metal garage are vast. You have several options when it comes to choosing the main building and trim color. Matching your new metal structure to your existing home will be no problem with the choices on the market today.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 23, 2021 Lock It In: Evident Points to Ponder on How to Become a Locksmith by Guest
- Dec 3, 2020 Is it Worth Building a Wooden Garage? by Guest
- Oct 28, 2020 How to Fix Door Hinges: Take Apart 3 of the Most Common Breakdowns by Guest
- Jun 10, 2020 George Clarke Reveals the 10 Front Door Color Trends by Guest
- May 11, 2020 How to Fix a Wooden Door Warped by Summer Heat by Joe Goldstein