- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 83
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 70
Using Skylights to Naturally Brighten a Home
by Boris Dzhingarov on Jan 28, 2017
There is a constant increase in the number of homes that are now including roof skylights. The skylight will allow natural sun light to get inside a home. This is a great way to get an increase in natural lighting in those rooms that do not have many windows but it can also be considered when just more light is desired. Brightening the home is something that many homeowners think about at the moment. Thanks to experienced skylight installation services it is now possible to add skylights in most rooms of the home.
Residential Skylight Popularity
We can say that there are many different reasons why home owners and builders are now using the skylights in practically all rooms of a house from living rooms to kitchens. This includes the following:
- Natural light is healthy for people as it causes lower eyestrain when reading or when working indoors.
- Sunlight is a light type that is not as harsh as the fluorescent bulb.
- The room becomes more attractive as it is naturally lit.
- You gain usable space and can illuminate a full room.
- Sunlight exposure will improve the mood of the people inside the home.
- Lower electrical bills since artificial illumination is not necessary.
- The home has a higher resale value.
Choosing Skylight Type
The popular skylight types at the moment are curb mounted and deck mounted. Both have advantages that you have to consider so that a good choice would be made. The deck mounted model is the most popular one at the moment. The unit is complete and comes with pre-finished frames holding glass. A one-piece construction is easy to mount straight on a deck. A curb mounted skylight will be suitable when faced with low pitch or flat roofs. Frame and glass will be one piece but the actual curb will be built right on-site.
Installing The Residential Skylight
Although it is possible to install a skylight alone, it is a much better idea to simply contact professionals in order to install it inside the home. The kits that are available in various stores are great but most of the home owners do not actually have the experience that would be necessary for proper installation. There can be so many differences from one home to the next so do be sure that you first consider the professionals. It is simply better as you are investing in a feature that has to be perfect. Also, in many cases the structure of the home can be damaged when you do not take the necessary installation steps.
On the whole, skylights have to be considered whenever they can be installed. This is an option that will always make the home more beautiful. While it can cost more than what many expect, the reality of the matter is that you would be able to save money on the long run. Due to this it is quite possible that you are going to find it more cost-efficient to install the skylight. Consider the option and see if it is good in your case.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 15, 2018 All You Need to Know About Linear Fluorescent Lamps by Boris Dzhingarov
- Jan 17, 2018 Your Search for Cclean and Reliable Energy Ends Here by Guest
- Jul 7, 2017 4 Safety Tips for Handling Electrical Components in Your Home by Charlie Brown
- Jun 21, 2017 Boost Your Electrical Service With Multitude by James Helliwell
- Apr 23, 2017 10 Tips to Lowering an Electricity Bill by Chad Rinideour