- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 231
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 218
- Appliance / Repair — 175
- Interior Design / Decor — 162
- Real Estate / Finance — 155
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 115
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 112
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 103
- Improvements / Remodeling — 101
- Plumbing / Basements — 99
- Construction / Materials — 95
Exciting Backyard Projects That Require an Excavator
by Valerie Muscat on Feb 20, 2019
Every garden is a blank canvas waiting to be turned into a paradise. There are so many possibilities, whether you’re looking for a fun place to spend time with your family or a space to relax on a Sunday afternoon.
All you need to begin is an excavator. This might sound expensive, but there are used excavators for sale that make the job easier and save money in the long run.
So, what can you do with your backyard & an excavator? Well, here’s a few ideas on how to turn your garden into a magical wonderland.
Swimming is a fun way to spend a hot Saturday afternoon and if your yard is large enough, you can even build one yourself. However, plan first. It can be a difficult project so it’s best to get professional advice or hire a building contractor. In many cases, you’ll have to get permission before you can start building.
Once permission is granted and you’ve had a look at pool fencing laws, you can begin. With the right equipment the entire project can be handled with ease. For example finding the right excavator can halve the time it takes to move soil. This way your project can move along more quickly.
You can even buy used excavators, to handle the job well & save money since you won’t pay a daily rate. This works for very large projects.
The entire project can become a bit costly, but many options are available to build a pool within a budget. For starters, ensure you keep the size of your pool small and you don’t dig too deep. This will also make it easier to maintain in the long run. Fibre glass is a wonderful way of lining your pool to prevent leaks and it doesn’t cost a lot of money.
Benefits of Owning a Swimming Pool
There are many reasons why you should have a pool in your backyard, such as:
- Pools promote a fun way of doing exercise
- It’s a cost-effective & enjoyable way of cooling down in hot weather
- Provides a fun space for family bonding
Once your pool is built you can always consider adding an entertainment area. Your backyard can hold hours of amusement after only a little bit of work.
When it comes to your backyard, a stunning garden can be the difference between dull & spectacular. Often, in order to create the perfect, flowering yard, you’ll need to dig everything up, which makes an excavator perfect for the job.
Excavators don’t just move dirt around but can have a variety of uses when it comes to landscaping:
- They have their regular usage of digging holes
- It can also be used to grade the soil so it’s smooth & ready for grass
- If you need holes for trees, some excavators even have drilling capabilities so your trees can be planted without extensive, manual labour.
- It may seem a bit unorthodox, but you can even use your excavator to knock down any trees that are in the way. This gives you complete control over your garden’s design so you can shape and mould it any way you like.
Here’s a few tricks you can try to create the best garden:
- Use your excavator to dig a hole for a fountain so it’s embedded in the grass and creates a more immersive effect.
- Creating tiers of soil will allow you to feature different plants in a variety of ways. Why not have small plants at eye-level and move towards having larger trees further away? You can even create features in circles or other creative shapes.
- You can design exciting pathways surrounded by flowers so walking through your yard is a tantalizing experience.
Whenever you have guests a lively garden can leave them breathless. A well designed yard will always make your entire house feel more spectacular.
Bonus: That adds value when you want to sell your home one day.
Sometimes a swimming pool feels like too much work or perhaps your garden might not be large enough. So, why not consider a koi pond?
A Koi pond is a wonderful accessory to any backyard and mostly inexpensive to build. The size of your pond can vary so it doesn’t matter whether your garden is massive or tiny. Mini excavators are available that can dig up smaller patches of soil, so you can build your koi pond without hassle.
It’s a great way of combining the tricks of building swimming pools & landscaping, without spending as much money. Koi fish also create a calm environment so you can enjoy some quiet time in your garden.
Before you have some stunning flowers in place, you’ll want to build an underground irrigation system. When the summer comes, you’ll appreciate the sprinklers doing all the work for you. It’s also a wonderful way of keeping vegetables in a veggie-garden watered, so drought is not an issue and your vegetables grow juicy & plump in time for harvest.
Everyone’s garden is an extension of themselves. Creating a fun space allows you to enjoy the outdoors without leaving your home. If you’re looking for a peaceful place to read a book or an entertainment area where you can spend time with your family, hopefully one of these ideas will suit your needs.
An excavator can definitely help make any of these projects easier. It will save time you’d rather spend on the design. With such ease, you can truly be as creative as you wish.
These projects take a little bit of work, but in the end it’s going to be worth it.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 21, 2020 Stamped Concrete: Pros and Cons, Patterns, and Tips by Bonnie Phillips
- Aug 31, 2020 Neighborhood Bars Not Open? Your Backyard Is by Tammy Emineth
- Jun 16, 2020 The Best 6 Exterior Decorating Benefits for Your Property by Alex Gordon
- Jun 8, 2020 Teak Patio Furniture Buying Tips by Guest
- May 30, 2020 A Brief Guide to Stamped Concrete Solutions by Bonnie Phillips