- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 227
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 218
- Appliance / Repair — 175
- Interior Design / Decor — 158
- Real Estate / Finance — 146
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 109
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 109
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 103
- Plumbing / Basements — 95
- Improvements / Remodeling — 94
- Construction / Materials — 93
Why do Residential HVAC Contractors System Fail?
by Chris Wisniewski on Jan 27, 2020
One of the most serious concerns your AC can face is HVAC system failure. If the refrigerant is the livelihood of the system, then the compressor is the heart. Its job is to refrigerant gas and pump it through the system. An HVAC Supply failure can lead to change in the entire unit, which is not a cheap option.
The good news is that compressors are meant to last and the issues can be avoided if regular servicing is done properly. In case your compressor fails, it is because of an underlying problem.
Below are Some Causes of AC Failure in HVACs
Dirty Coils - There could be a possibility that during the year your AC coil becomes dirty. If the build-up becomes too great you will have to run overtime to cool your home. This will lead to load on your HVAC contractors and will result in failure.
Blocked Suction Lines - The suction line transfers refrigerant gas from the evaporator coil to condenser coils. If these lines get blocked by dust, then refrigerant will get into the system, causing compressor overheating.
Wrong Suction Line Size - Inexperienced maintenance man fit suction line that is not fit for the size. It means that the wrong refrigerant is entering the compressor and it can cause failure.
Refrigerant Leak - In case, the refrigeration is leaking, then after a while level will become low so that the compressor will work non-stop around the system. This will lead to compressor burnout.
Less Lubricant - The compressor is a type of pump and hence has moving parts. They need to be lubricated with oil. In case there is less oil, these parts will grind against each other and will break.
- Electrical Faults - Electrical Fault can cause damage to the system, including building acids that can lead to compressor failure. If the compressor is gone, then you will need to replace the whole system.
A compressor is the heart of your system., It will give you years of reliable service, giving cool air through your home.
A good maintenance person will be able to fix and spot electrical problems during a regular service.
If you neglect your HVAC supply you can develop unseen and unsuspected causes. It leaves you gasping for air in heat and humidity when you search for an AC service number.
Save your HVAC contractor, before it starts hurting your home.
Most Recent Articles
- May 22, 2020 What is Inverter Genertaor? How to Buy a Best Inverter Generator? by Adam Harris
- Feb 25, 2020 What is Wrong With Your Commercial HVAC System? by Kenneth Eres
- Feb 4, 2020 10 Budget Friendly Tips To Keep Your House Warm by Rohit
- Jan 11, 2020 6 Ideas to Help Keep Your House Cool Without High Utility Bills by James Cummings
- Dec 4, 2019 5 Ways to Know it is Time for Expert HVAC Repair by Chase Roberts