- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 117
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 87
- Construction / Materials — 80
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 76
General Information on Wallpaper Cleaning
by Michigan State University on May 11, 2012
Modern wallcoverings are now labeled "nonwashable", "washable", or "scrubbable". The safest ways to find out how to clean your paper if your wallcoverings wasn't labeled, is to take a small piece of it to a wallpaper dealer and ask them what they would recommend.
Another option is to test an unnoticeable area by wiping it with a damp cloth, if the wallpaper does not change in color or appearance, it probably can be safely cleaned as a washable wallpaper. Always test any cleaning method in an unnoticeable spot before trying in on a wall open to view.
It's best to clean quickly and not let dirt stay too long before taking action.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 19, 2017 All About Elastomeric Stucco Painting by Michael Payson
- Dec 4, 2016 Cleaning Up After a Big Paint Job? Here's How to Clean Your Paint Brush the Right Way! by Guest
- Oct 13, 2016 How to Estimate the Interior/Exterior Coverage for my Paint Job by Guest
- Apr 25, 2016 Tips on How to Choose a Quality Paint by Guest
- Feb 27, 2016 Main Benefits of Using Airless Paint Sprayers by Guest