- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 180
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 128
- Plumbing / Basements — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Safety / Security — 109
General Information on Wallpaper Cleaning
by Michigan State University on May 11, 2012
Modern wallcoverings are now labeled "nonwashable", "washable", or "scrubbable". The safest ways to find out how to clean your paper if your wallcoverings wasn't labeled, is to take a small piece of it to a wallpaper dealer and ask them what they would recommend.
Another option is to test an unnoticeable area by wiping it with a damp cloth, if the wallpaper does not change in color or appearance, it probably can be safely cleaned as a washable wallpaper. Always test any cleaning method in an unnoticeable spot before trying in on a wall open to view.
It's best to clean quickly and not let dirt stay too long before taking action.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 13, 2021 Expert Tips to Ensure Quality Interior Painting by Dusty Mills
- Aug 1, 2021 Fresh and Ready: Revealed Preparation Steps Before Painting a Room by Guest
- Mar 21, 2021 Common Drywall Problems and Their Causes by Mabel Warner
- Feb 2, 2021 Steps for Successful Surface Preparation Prior to Painting Steel by Brenda Vollman
- Oct 22, 2020 The Lifespan of Exterior House Painting and What Affects It by Bonnie Phillips