- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 219
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 172
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 135
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 101
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 101
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 93
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 87
Top 5 Repairs and Renovations that Help Your House Sell Fast
by Boris Dzhingarov on Jul 2, 2016
If you are a homeowner looking for a quick way to sell your home, the first thing you should probably do is take stock of the condition your home and property are in. Are they going to be attractive to a buyer and will your home be worth what you need to get out of it in terms of ROI? You bought your home at one point in time and have paid on it looking for a return on your investment. This is only possible if you have seen to the upkeep of the structure and grounds and if it will show at fair market value. Are there any repairs that need to be made? If so, see to them first and then come back and ask where can you sell your house fast. To get you started quickly, here are the top five repairs and renovations that can help your house sell quickly.
1. Updated Appliances in Kitchen
The kitchen is the centre of any home. Here is where family meals are shared, most kids do their homework and where friends stop by for a quick cup of tea or a friendly chat. This is the room families spend the most time in and if you are looking to sell your home quickly, you will want to make sure all your appliances are in good repair or have been recently updated.
2. Roof Repairs and/or Reroofing the Entire Structure
There isn’t a lender on the fact of the earth that will look favourably on a home with a roof in need of repair. If you are looking to sell your home quickly, make sure there are no leaks in the roof and that the guttering system is functioning as it should. A gutter that leaks could cause water to infiltrate the foundation which could cause major issues in terms of structural integrity.
3. Landscaping and Curb Appeal
When potential buyers drive by, the first and only thing they see at that point is the exterior of your home. If the grounds need to be manicured and there is debris lying about, they will wonder what the inside looks like and may never get to that point. If you have any hope of selling your home quickly, make sure it looks great from the outside. Repaint, landscape and do what you must but get it looking its best.
4. New Carpeting or Flooring
Old and dirty carpeting is a real deal breaker so that is one repair/renovation that you will certainly want to see to. It won’t take long to get new flooring laid but the benefits of nice, clean flooring are well worth the couple days wait and the small additional expense.
5. Additional Living Space
Many homeowners have added living space to their homes in the form of loft conversions or garden buildings. The more living space you have in your home, the easier it will be to move it quickly. It probably won’t add the value another bedroom would add but it will definitely bring it up past what it is now. If you are looking to move your home really fast, there may not be time to start a loft conversion but if you already have one, don’t forget to raise the asking price.
Finally, there are real estate investment companies that go around buying homes as is. Many times they give you exactly what you would ask for it when listing it on the market and other times they do knock a bit off the price because they are ‘doing you a favour’ buying it so quickly and closing it within a matter of days. In either case, if you hope to get the most for your old home, make sure it is clean and in good repair.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 26, 2019 Why Accurate Valuation Matters When Refinancing by Aaron Campbell
- Oct 16, 2019 3 Low-Cost Remodeling Ideas to Increase House Valuation by Aaron Campbell
- Sep 27, 2019 Are You Worried about Funding Your Home Repairs? by Martyn Weber
- Aug 27, 2019 Use a Budget Calculator When Considering a Property Purchase by Nick Marr
- Aug 21, 2019 Five Top Tips to Prepare Your House for Sale on the Outside and Inside by Nick Marr