- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 244
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 230
- Appliance / Repair — 181
- Interior Design / Decor — 175
- Real Estate / Finance — 171
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 141
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 129
- Improvements / Remodeling — 118
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 109
- Plumbing / Basements — 106
- Safety / Security — 106
5 Reasons to Use a Self Storage Unit While Renovating
by Sally Smith on Mar 29, 2021
Home renovations are a great way to update your space. There are all types of renovations, both large and small, that homeowners do in attempts to update their surroundings. One useful tip for people who are renovating their homes is to rent a self-storage unit.
Here are a few reasons why to get self-storage when you remodel
Using a self-storage unit will help you to keep all of your most valuable items safe while renovating your home. Different renovation projects can each pose different risks to your valuables. To avoid causing damage to valuables, it is a good idea to keep them in a storage unit. This will also make it so any workers you have in your home do not see valuable items around that they may be tempted to steal.
2. Maximize your available space
Using a storage unit while renovating will also help you to maximize your available space. This will make things less chaotic and easier for you to navigate. Bumping into items when attempting to renovate is dangerous, annoying, and can damage your items. It also can make the renovation project take longer. By keeping large items like furniture in a storage unit, you will not have to relocate them within your home. During longer renovation projects, this will help keep your other rooms looking peaceful and beautiful even while one room is torn up or chaotic due to ongoing projects.
3. Give you a big picture of your house
Once you are already renovating, it can be a valuable time to redecorate as well. Renovations are a big investment to change your aesthetic. Redecorating serves as a slightly smaller scale version of this. By putting away older items you can see your home in a more minimalist light. From there, you can decide if you would like to put the items back, replace them with new items, or keep the minimalist look (which has been popular for nearly a decade).
4. To store renovation tools and materials
You can keep renovation tools and materials in your storage unit during your renovation project as well. Tools and materials that are no longer needed for the project can be kept put away in a self-storage unit so that they are out of the way. This can also be done for tools and materials that will not be needed until later in the project. Having a less cluttered workspace while renovating will help the project to go as quickly as possible and as smoothly as possible.
5. To store your new furniture
Use your storage unit to store new purchases while renovating. Renovation time is often a great time to buy new furniture, art, decor items, or electronics. Instead of subjecting your new items to potential risks by bringing them into the home immediately, you can keep them safely stored until the project is over. In the end, these new items can finally be brought out to tie the room completely together
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 7, 2021 Top 5 Reasons to Install Fire Shutters by Nick Marr
- Feb 2, 2021 How to Prepare Your Home for this Years Hurricane Season by Brenda Vollman
- Dec 16, 2020 Reasons for Trusting Locksmiths to Do the Job by Patrick Walton
- Dec 15, 2020 Things to Do if You Get Locked Out of Your House by Guest
- Dec 15, 2020 Services Offered by a Quality Locksmith Company by Sandra Smith