- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 208
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Appliance / Repair — 158
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 121
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 89
- Safety / Security — 82
- Construction / Materials — 81
- Plumbing / Basements — 80
5 Greatest Benefits of Windows Replacement
by Guest on Mar 17, 2016
When making any renovation of the house or apartment we live in we hope that this is forever, but in several years we anyway want to have some change in the interior and exterior of the house. Most renovation projects will cost you a fortune whereas windows replacement is not only a fast and easy makeover, but it is also relatively cheap.
1. The most affordable and easiest home makeover
Modern replacement windows have thousands of options to renovate the look of your house and also increase its efficiency. It means that by installing new windows in your home you kill two birds with one stone by raising the insulation of your home and creating an absolutely new style and look of the house.
2. Energy efficiency
Second great thing about the windows replacement is that you get significantly higher level of home efficiency. As a rule, old windows tend to draft and leak, which means that you need to spend more energy to heat or cool your house. This problem also creates the problem of raised level of humidity inside of the house. After you replace windows with new options you get higher level of insulation that helps you keep constant temperature inside of the house. It means that you can save a lot on energy for heating and cooling the house. According to the experts, windows replacement projects can save up to 30% of energy spends over a year.
3. Noise reduction
If you install the replaced new windows correctly you can significantly lower the lever of noise coming into the house. It is also connected to the better insulation properties of windows replacement. With lower noise level you will be able to have higher level of privacy and also will have no problems with the neighbors in case of any parties inside of the house.
4. No fading issues
As you know, ultraviolet rays coming from the sun have harmful impact on the human’s body and eventually may lead to cancer. At the same time sunlight plays its great role in making your house colorless. Many interior parts, including pieces of art, furniture and even wallpapers fade away in the houses, especially if situated on the sun side of the house, can be saved with a windows replacement project. New makes of vinyl windows have special coatings on the glass which prevent harmful UV rays from getting into the house, still letting the light in.
5. Higher level of privacy, lighter house and better view
As already said above, you get better insulation from water and noise. This feature of new windows significantly raises the level of privacy inside of the house and allows you to feel more secure and separated from the outer world. This fact also means that in case of any noise inside of the house you will have no problems with the neighbors. New replacement windows today also have bigger glass parts; this fact allows you to have better view and much more light coming inside of the house.
Most Recent Articles
- May 9, 2019 Are Replacement Windows a Good Investment for your Home? by Boris Dzhingarov
- Nov 21, 2018 Should You DIY Your Window Installation? by Boris Dzhingarov
- Oct 18, 2018 Replacement Windows and their Effect on Your Home’s Energy Efficiency by Valerie Muscat
- Sep 27, 2018 Top 7 Myths About Double Glazed Windows by Rohit
- Jul 18, 2018 How to Find the Perfect Windows and Doors for Your Home by Matt Wheeler