- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 83
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 70
Benefits of Installing Energy Efficient Replacement Windows Today!
by Guest on Dec 15, 2015
Here is the list of five most important benefits of new replacement windows installation:
- Energy savings. As you know modern replacement windows can provide you with much better insulation of your house. Better insulation means that you can avoid drafts and air leakages that were a common feature of old fashioned windows. As the insulation is better the temperature inside the house becomes more constant. This means that you need to spend less energy on heating your home during the winter season and less energy to cool it during the summer. According to the experts new windows allow to save up to 25% of energy bills a year after the windows replacement project is finished.
- Prevention of color fading. Old windows tend to have no special coatings on the glass that could protect the inside of the house from UV rays. It means that ultraviolet has everyday influence on everything inside of your house: furniture, carpets, paintings, etc. And every day these objects are slowly fading away. Modern windows are created with special protection layer that does not allow UV rays enter the house, by that saving all the objects inside from losing their natural color.
- Reduced condensation. Previously windows were generally made as single glazed. It lead to the fact that warm air from the inside got into interaction with the cold air from the street and in the corners of the old windows people usually had condensation that in general led to fungus or mold in those places. Modern windows are made as double or even triple gaze construction exterminating even the possibility of this problem.
- Increased comfort. As the insulation qualities of replacement windows are better and they can keep constant temperature inside of the house, the people get much better feeling of constant micro climate inside the house avoiding the problem of constant heating adjustments.
- More light. Modern windows let inside of the houses much more light making the interior look lighter and much more comfortable.
Some Important Improvements in Modern Replacement Windows
Contemporary market of windows has lots of various options to offer to a customer: windows come in a great variety of colors, sizes, and styles, but according to the experts there biggest improvements of modern windows lie in the very core of the glass and manufacturing. Modern windows are in general double pane, but also can be even triple pane. This fact means that between the glass layers there is some space which provides an additional barrier between the inside of the house and the outdoors.
Moreover, today various windows companies like adding special features such as Argon gas and Low-E glass. The terms may sound scary, but the explanation is very easy! Low-E glass is simply a glass with special coating that helps to acquire better insulation of the windows and also prevents furniture, carpets, clothes, etc. from fading. Argon gas is placed between the layers of the windowpanes. It is also used to provide modern replacement windows with better insulation qualities and also raise sound reduction.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 19, 2018 5 Warning Signs That You Need To Replace Your Windows by Guest
- Apr 16, 2018 Replacing Broken Window Glass Like A Pro by Sue Johnson
- Feb 28, 2018 How to Clean and Look After Your uPVC Windows by kevin
- Jan 3, 2018 Save Some Money and Fix that Window Yourself by Guest
- Dec 28, 2017 Top 5 Reasons to Buy Venetian Blinds by Guest