- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 229
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 218
- Appliance / Repair — 174
- Interior Design / Decor — 161
- Real Estate / Finance — 150
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 112
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 110
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 104
- Plumbing / Basements — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 97
- Construction / Materials — 94
3 Awesome Reasons Your New Carport Should Be a Metal One
by Juan Campos on Jun 19, 2020
So you’re considering making some upgrades to your carport or garage situation. Or maybe you’re thinking of installing a new shed. Whatever the case may be, you’re now in a position to make a big choice: what materials should your new building be made of?
There’s a lot to be said for the attractiveness and sustainability practices of a wooden outbuilding. But is a wood building necessarily the best choice for your location? What about for your wallet situation?
Considering the following points when deciding what kind of carport, garage, or outbuilding to purchase for your property. You may find that a metal structure would fit your needs much better.
1. Metal Stands up to the Weather
Where you live should be a huge factor in your considerations for what material carport, garage, or outbuilding you should choose.
If you live in the southeastern states, you know what a pain it can be to keep up with a wooden out structure. The constant sun and high humidity encourages mold growth, as well as the swelling and warping of wooden structures. Plus, there’s hailstorms and tornadoes to worry about in certain times of year.
And the colder states are not necessarily better equipped for wooden sheds and garages. Constant snow and ice will have a significant degrading effect on your wooden architecture.
A metal building cuts down on some of these problems. A metal roof is going to be more durable, and the metal walls will stand up to both humidity and snow with a long-lasting strength that wood may not offer.
2. Affordability & Value
Speaking of durability, it is worth considering the value and affordability of metal garages/carports/buildings these days.
First, the value. Simply put, a metal structure that lasts much longer than a wood one is just more bang for your buck. Also consider that with metal architecture you are most likely spending far less on maintenance and repairs to keep up with wear and tear.
Regarding affordability, metal buildings have only increased in popularity over the last ten years. Now, there is a highly competitive market for you to browse. With such a wide range of choices on prices, you are sure to find what you need in a metal building.
3. Customizability & Attractiveness
On the topic of that highly competitive market, you can not only find your desired price for a metal building, but also you can customize it exactly how you like.
One reason given for choosing a wooden building over a metal one used to be that wooden buildings were just more attractive. This made sense when most metal models were mass produced, and there are still plenty of mass-produced options on the market.
Now that metal carports and garages have seen a steady rise in popularity, however, there are plenty of options for even the most “out there” home aesthetics. And with the convenience of online shopping, you can choose a metal carport right from the comfort of your own recliner.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 21, 2020 Buying and Repurposing Secondhand Conex Containers by Guest
- Apr 14, 2020 Renovating or Repairing Your Home? Let Self Storage Take the Strain and Stress Away by Boris Dzhingarov
- Apr 5, 2020 How to Care for Your Stucco Exterior by Bonnie Phillips
- Mar 9, 2020 3 Interesting and Useful Upgrades in New Construction Homes by Michael Gellert
- Feb 24, 2020 Different Types of Concrete Resurfacing Techniques by Bonnie Phillips