- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 177
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 69
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Construction / Materials — 67
Stop Garage Door Problems Before They Become Your Nightmare
by James Finch on Jul 28, 2014
It's a fact! Electric garage door problems cannot be avoided altogether. Parts will wear, the opener will need upgrading or replacement, the bottom seal will need to change and the sensors will need to be adjusted. As long as the problems are trivial and do not compromise your safety, they can also be solved easily. But do we solve them? Will you fix the garage door cables, which are loose, or won't even notice that the door moves slowly and peculiarly?
The problem is that some damages are serious. They don't leave room for postponing garage door repair but some people will prefer to find alternatives than deal with the actual problem. They will prefer to park the car outside, for example, instead of fixing the springs. Though, damaged springs can be very dangerous. If they snap at your presence, you will possibly get seriously injured. Are you still wondering why garage door accidents still take place? Think of your sensors. Do you test and check them? How often?
When did you maintain the overhead door last?
The first tragedy is that we consider that bad things happen only to other people. We underestimate the importance of issues and postpone repairs. The second tragedy is when accidents happen. Then we just look surprised and wonder how calm the overhead door collapsed! Accidents do happen and problems are unavoidable. Why? Simply because garage doors are complex systems comprised by many components and they are all affected by daily use and elements. Who could ever think that dust or sunlight can cause problems! Though, the sensing devices of your electric garage door opener will take a false message if they are exposed to the sun for too many hours. Dust will prevent the photo eyes to see your child passing under the closing panel.
It's odd! We do have the solutions for every single problem regarding our garage door in our pocket but we fail to see them. Whether we underestimate problems or overestimate our intelligence, the result will be the same. Problems will expand and get bigger. Damaged components will have an impact on adjacent garage door parts. Don't forget that one part works in correlation with another. If the nuts loosen up, the brackets won't be stable and the tracks will misalign. As a result, the roller will come off and the door will jam. The system won't offer you any practical use anymore, the security of the house will be compromised and your safety will be threatened! If that's not a nightmare then what is?
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 8, 2017 What Makes Garage Doors Safe? by Ken May
- Nov 17, 2017 The Best Glass Garage Doors for Restaurants by Anton Withersphon
- Nov 15, 2017 Why Sectional Doors are the Best Garage Door Option by Daniel Miller
- Nov 15, 2017 Neighborhood Garage Door Service Expert Gives 7 Important Security Tips by James Cummings
- Nov 14, 2017 How to Align Garage Door Tracks by Roby Popers