- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 206
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 199
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 103
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 84
- Construction / Materials — 76
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Safety / Security — 75
The Carpet Cleaning Guide to Dry Wet Carpets
by Cliff Brimmer on Jan 5, 2018
We all face carpet cleaning situations when we really need a guide to help us to get through the situation. One of these situations is when the carpet is wet. If the wet spot is not large and can be removed easily, you may remove the carpet from the floor and hang it outside until it dries completely but if the spot is large or you deal with wet-to-wall carpet or the carpet is large, then you need to try to dry it at its place using certain methods. Here are how to deal with this situation.
1. Drying out a Carpet Quickly:
Follow the steps to dry out your carpet.
• Spread some clean towels over the wet area of the carpet. In order to make the towels completely saturated, you will need to walk up and down the area. After that, remove the wet towels and replace them with dry ones and repeat.
Notice that you should check that padding and the floor to make sure that they are not wet too.
• Use a vacuum until you get no more water.
• The wet vacuum carpet cleaner will remove the water from the carpet but it can’t remove it from the padding.
• Dump the tank before hitting overflow and it depends on the amount of water that is in the carpet so you may have to fill and refill the tank many times.
• Encourage the moisture to evaporate along with using towels and the vacuum
2. Drying a Wall-to-Wall Carpet:
Follow these steps.
• Move all the pieces of furniture off the wet carpet in order to lift up the carpet and check the pad and the floor underneath it.
• Remove the furniture as fast as possible so you can start your carpet cleaning immediately. Also, leaving the furniture on a wet carpet will damage the furniture, the flooring and the carpet.
• Try to remove as much of the water as you can.
• Of course, you will not be able to take up the entire floor but you definitely should check underneath the carpet.
• If you don’t have a vacuum that is capable of removing water, rent one. Don’t use the regular vacuum cleaner as it is not effective.
• Check the water many times in the carpet and beneath it until you make sure that the carpet and the floor are completely dry.
3. Drying a Carpet in a Car:
Follow these steps to be able to clean your car carpet well.
• Deal with the car as soon as possible as the mold can take about 24 hours then grow. The mold will cause a lot of problems.
• Locate the place of the leak as dealing with the carpets without locating the leak isn’t the smartest move.
• Vacuum the carpet well.
• Repeat until you get the carpets dry and stop the leak.
Carpet cleaning is not as easy you may think. With this guide, carpet cleaning will be an easy task. Drying the wet carpets is part of the carpet cleaning process and this is how to do it.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 26, 2018 How to Self Levelling a Concrete Floor: Compounds & Techniques by Sally Smith
- Jul 9, 2018 7 Tips for Choosing the Right Bathroom Tiles by Rohit
- Apr 30, 2018 How to Clean and Maintain Hardwood Floors by newsy siso
- Nov 2, 2017 Roomba 780 Review by Andy Harrison
- Aug 28, 2017 How to Take Care of Wood Flooring by Boris Dzhingarov