- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 241
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 226
- Appliance / Repair — 178
- Interior Design / Decor — 175
- Real Estate / Finance — 167
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 137
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 126
- Improvements / Remodeling — 115
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 109
- Plumbing / Basements — 104
- Safety / Security — 104
Benefits of Adding Retaining Walls to Your Lawn
by Matt B on Dec 8, 2018
Retaining walls play an integral part in supporting your lawn’s foundation and landscape. It can provide both practical and aesthetic value to your home.
In order for a homeowner to achieve these benefits, proper design and installation of retaining walls to your lawn needs to be followed. From the drainage and types of stones and concrete to be used, to the design and landscape, a professionalretaining wall contractor will surely help you install the retaining walls properly and securely.
Here are some of the reasons why adding retaining walls to your lawn can be beneficial:
1. Control of Water Flow
Retaining walls can help protect your lawn and garden from water torrents. It can prevent flooding following a heavy rainfall, and it can help to slow the speed and flow of rainwater, directing the flow of water to the direction you desire. It is so important to move water away from your home in order maintain a dry property.
2. Creates a Flat Space
This is especially beneficial to areas and homes with steep slope landscape and inclines where drainage is usually an issue. It can also be used in flat areas of your yard, but are mostly effective with inclines and slopes. The flat space a retaining wall can bring to your property can allow you to plant a garden, trees or shrubs. All will make you more use of your overall property.
3. Erosion Control
Retaining walls can help your lawn and flower beds be secured from erosion caused by several factors. A professional retaining wall contractor surely knows about interlocking blocks, drainage systems, foundation, boulder wall, block wall, stacked stones, and seat walls, which are crucial to erosion control.
4. Aesthetic Value
Adding retaining walls to your lawn can extremely help in making not just your garden and yard be more attractive, but your whole property. If done correctly with the right materials by the right contractor, you retaining will be the envy of your neighbors.
5. Hassle-free Maintenance
Retaining walls require relatively little maintenance mainly due to materials used in construction – stones, boulder, concrete and even wood that has been treated to resist moisture. Once put in place your wall will last 20+ years, but you have to take time to consider the material and the existing landscape.
6. Several Design Options
With the help of a professional contractor, you can select unique design options for your lawn or garden retaining walls. The most common ones are gravity walls, sheet pile walls, anchored walls, and counter-fort walls. Many will incorporate a drainage system to mitigate water and erosion.
There you have it, 6 reasons to add and enhance the beauty of your property and landscape by selecting the right retaining wall for your needs.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 12, 2021 5 Reasons To Choose Artificial Grass For Your Garden by John Carey
- Apr 5, 2021 The Best Flowers for Great Curb Appeal by Tammy Emineth
- Mar 18, 2021 DIY vs Professional Service: Their Pros in Deck Building by Kimberly Workman
- Jan 29, 2021 3 Reasons You Should Consider Tree Removal for Your Property, and Reasons You Should Not by Alan Pasteur
- Jan 29, 2021 Do I Need a Permit to Remove a Tree? Answering Your Tree Service Questions! by Terry Zane