- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 237
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 222
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 174
- Real Estate / Finance — 161
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 134
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 124
- Improvements / Remodeling — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 105
- Plumbing / Basements — 102
- Safety / Security — 102
Why is Artificial Grass proving so Popular with Dogs
by John Devlin on Nov 3, 2014
Artificial grass has been around now for a considerable amount of time in the UK, the popularity of the grass has increased steadily over this period and the market for these low maintenance grass products is huge. Innovations in the manufacture of synthetic turf have been the driving force behind its increased popularity and the latest innovation will no doubt take it up a notch further. Artificial grass lawns are the ideal alternative to natural lawns for homeowners with any animals especially dogs. Most fake turf nowadays have been engineered specifically to withstand pet usage.
There are several reasons why an artificial grass lawn is idyllic for families that own dogs. Whether you are playing for fun or are in a league, you want to be able to play on a consistent basis. Sometimes natural grass is not the best solution especially after it rains because it is very difficult to move around because of the mud and puddles. Synthetic turf provides that alternative solution to your soccer wants and needs. It can provide you the dry surface even after it rains.
However, the technological breakthrough of the artificial lawn has completely changed this, allowing lawns to maintain themselves-something that would have been unheard of several decades ago. Waterless synthetic turf is an investment that proves to save on time, money, and natural resources. With my synthetic lawn, not mowing every few days is the major way I spend less time. I used to have to trim the grass early in the day on the weekend before the sun got too warm.
Testing three fields in New Jersey with elevated lead levels, the NJDHSS focused on the bioaccessibility of synthetic turf. Findings validated the Synthetic Turf Council's position, based on science and expert opinion, that lead chromate's extremely low bioavailability prevents it from being readily absorbed by the human body.
Artificial turf for sports fields has been used for several decades now. From soccer and lacrosse to football and tennis, different types of grass can be used for different sports. Sports turf has been installed in several different countries all around the world. Public parks and recreation can save costs on maintenance and energy bills with artificial grass, since mowing and water and not necessary.
Artificial grass helps to keep emissions low, refraining from contributing to noxious air pollutants. With its waterless capabilities, several thousands of gallons of water can be saved each year. Water conservation and lowering emissions continue to be an on-going worldwide effort. We are the UK No 1 supplier of fake grass and artificial grass products for domestic, sport and commercial use.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 29, 2021 3 Reasons You Should Consider Tree Removal for Your Property, and Reasons You Should Not by Alan Pasteur
- Jan 29, 2021 Do I Need a Permit to Remove a Tree? Answering Your Tree Service Questions! by Terry Zane
- Jan 7, 2021 What Builders and Property Buyers Need to Know About Party Wall by Guest
- Nov 17, 2020 Front Yard Landscaping Ideas by Larry
- Nov 15, 2020 Pros and Cons of Installing a Yard Irrigation System by jeremy rennie