- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 194
- Garden / Landscaping — 174
- Appliance / Repair — 150
- Interior Design / Decor — 139
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 99
- Real Estate / Finance — 99
- Doors / Garages — 87
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 70
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 67
- Plumbing / Basements — 66
- Construction / Materials — 63
HVAC Maintenance Can Save Costly Repairs
by Guest on Jun 14, 2015
There are some things in your house that can cost you an absolute fortune to repair and replace. Home heating and air cooling systems are some one of those things. There are some very simple things you can do in order to keep your HVAC system running properly.
- Regularly replace your filter – Sound simple enough, replace your air filter on a regular basis. This is really a simple task for any homeowner to do. Undo a couple of latches, pull out the old filter and put in the new. However, there are many homeowners that do not do this. You should be replacing your air filter on at least a quarterly basis. The cleaner your filter the less your heating and cooling system has to work in order to pull the air from your home to heat and cool it. Not replacing your air filter puts un-needed stress on your HVAC system. The harder it works the lower the life of your system.
- Clean your condenser – A very simple thing any homeowner can do. Once a month just take a house out and spray off your condenser. This gets the leaves, cobwebs, dust, grass and other gunk off the condenser. This allows the condenser to cool the air going into your home much more efficiently.
- Sign Up For Regular Maintenance – Most heating and air companies offer a maintenance program for your HVAC systems. They will usually come out a few times a year and make sure everything is running properly and make sure nothing needs to be taken care of fixed or replaced. These programs often put you in the preferred list as well. What that means is that you will take priority over anyone else that is not on the maintenance plan when you need work done. This can mean the difference of being miserable and hot for a day instead of a week or two while you are waiting for your HVAC company to come out and fix the problem.
Properly maintaining your HVAC system can help you units last much longer. But, there is more to it than that. By making sure that everything is running properly and is in a state to where it runs efficiently. You can also save a ton of money on utilities as well. If the unit is running efficiently it does not need to work as hard requiring more energy. The less energy you use, the less it is going to cost you.
Spending a little time and money now to prevent problems in the future is well worth it. Most HVAC companies charge between $100 to $150 per hour to service these units. Those prices could be more or less depending on the area you live in. Plan to pay around $5000 or more to have a new unit installed. Do yourself a favor, replace your filters regularly, keep your condenser clean and sign up for an HVAC maintenance program.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 21, 2017 5 Air Conditioner Repair Tips You Can Do Yourself by Guest
- Aug 2, 2017 Furnace Heating Problems and How to Resolve Them by Weng Jauod
- Aug 2, 2017 What to Consider Buying a New Furnace by Weng Jauod
- Jul 24, 2017 7 Tips for Prolonging the Lifespan of Home Electrical Appliances by HILA
- Jul 23, 2017 Finding a Good HVAC Contractor Near You by Weng Jauod