- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 234
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 219
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 165
- Real Estate / Finance — 156
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 120
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 112
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Improvements / Remodeling — 106
- Doors / Garages — 104
- Plumbing / Basements — 99
- Construction / Materials — 98
5 Basic Home Improvement Tasks You Can Do Yourself
by Nick Marr on Jun 4, 2020
Are you stuck at home during COVID-19? Is money running low but you still have home improvement tasks that need to be done? Fear not, as with the help of fellow avid DIY-ers, you can learn how to do any basic home improvement task. As long as you have a guide to help you and the right tools, no job is too small, even for those who haven’t completed a home improvement task before. Get started with this list to improve your home and save money.
Change Your Air Filters
Your HVAC or air conditioning system requires regular air filter changes to work optimally. Without regular air filter changes, you could be breathing in dust and bacteria that could be damaging your health. Not replacing these may lead to higher energy bills to heat and cool your home or a breakdown in your whole system, making for major repair costs.
Refinish Hardwood Floors
You don’t need to be an expert and purchase your own professional equipment to finish your hardwood floors. If you have a couple of days to yourself, you can hire a buffing machine from your local hardware store, saving money on professional fees. Damaged floors can be very noticeable, so if you don’t have the money for a professional or new flooring, do it yourself.
Repair Your Garbage Disposal
Do you have a faulty garbage disposal? This can sound like a daunting task, but replacing a system is well worth your time and can be done by anyone. If you have a stinky, clogged garbage disposal, you can unclog it yourself. If the entire unit has failed, you can even replace it yourself.. No matter what is wrong with your garbage disposal, you can find helpful guides online to find the problem and get fixing.
Feed Your Lawn
If your yard is in need of a touch-up, you don’t need a gardening expert to help you fix it. Using a lawn spreader, you can evenly and uniformly spread grass seeds or other products over your lawn. Using one of these will leave your lawn looking attractive and reduce that patchy look. Once you own one of these machines, you can regularly maintain your own lawn, meaning no need for gardener fees.
Are some of your home appliances scratched or damaged? While your home appliances may be relatively new, damages can make them look worn, especially if the scratches or chipped paint are beginning to rust. Whether you need to fix your stove, refrigerator, washer or dryer, you can find appliance touch-up paint online in a variety of colors that will leave your appliances looking brand-new.
These five home improvement tasks can be done no matter how skilled you are at DIY. If you’re struggling with any of these, check YouTube for visual guides: no matter what you want to improve, there will be a helpful video out there to guide you through the process.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 4, 2020 Getting Your House in Order for the Winter by Boris Dzhingarov
- Oct 14, 2020 How to Repair a Crack in Your Concrete Walkway by SGV Consulting
- Oct 12, 2020 Remodeling Your Kitchen? Follow These Tips to Avoid Spending too Much by Claude
- Oct 9, 2020 7 Mistakes People Make When Renovating a Kitchen by Megan Everitt
- Sep 27, 2020 3 Common Hidden Costs to Watch Out for When Renovating a House by Boris Dzhingarov