- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 248
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 233
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 179
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 125
- Doors / Garages — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Plumbing / Basements — 110
- Safety / Security — 108
8 Best Ways You Can Organize Cabinets in Your Kitchen
by Guest on Jul 7, 2010
Arranging kitchen cabinets is vital to make the kitchen look orderly. A better organization also helps you to easily access every item in the kitchen as and when required. Even though throwing things randomly into the kitchen cabinets is easier, it requires proficiency to arrange all the kitchen cabinets in an orderly fashion. All the myriad kitchen items such as pans, dishes, pots as well as small appliances must fit easily into these cabinets and therefore there needs to be a proper arrangement for the same.
The following steps can aid you in easily organizing as well as arranging your kitchen cabinets:
1. Design The Cabinets In The Kitchen Yourself
One of the best ways to arrange the kitchen cabinets is by designing their layout yourself. This is beneficial as you can choose the various types of kitchen cabinets you might require based upon the myriad types of utensils and accessories you possess. This option is not entirely essential but should be utilized whenever possible.
2. Dispose Off The Obsolete Kitchen Accessories
Before the re-arrangement of the kitchen cabinets is carried out, it is recommended that the obsolete kitchen utensils, as well as accessories that are not used any longer or not required in the future, should be thrown away. This will help in easily accessing the other essential items due to the free space left behind. Also, too much of a mess in the kitchen may make it harder to work there.
3. Plan Out Before Arranging The Kitchen Cabinets
It is pivotal as well as beneficial to chalk out specific plans on the utility of each cabinet before they are arranged in the kitchen. Haphazardly stuffing things into cabinets without as much as a general idea about their utility may prove disastrous to the whole organizational procedure.
4. Assign Specific Places For The Essential Kitchen Items
It is important to assign an easily accessible as well as optimum space to the items which are used often. The organization of such things should be the first priority before making room for the other stuff. The drawers, as well as the cabinets used most often, should also not be cluttered.
5. Place The Heavy Items In The Cabinets At The Bottom
The heavier items should be arranged into the cabinets at the bottom. This promotes safety because if they were put in the top kitchen cabinets, they might fall upon retrieval and cause damage.
6. Place The Frequently Used Kitchen Items At The Front
In case the deep cabinets are used in the kitchen, the space at the back should be used for infrequently used items, while the items required the most should be placed at the front, where they might be easily accessible.
7. Arrange The Items According To The Place Of Usage
This implies that organizing the cabinets based on their classification will simplify things and will make the kitchen look more work efficient.
8. Keep The Fragile And Dangerous Items Safely
The kitchen should be made safe to the maximum extent possible. Utensils and accessories such as glass items, knives, and the food processor pieces of equipment should be stored out of the reach of children. Safety locks on the cabinets may also be used.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 31, 2021 Kitchen Makeover: The Unbiased View On 5 Kitchen Countertop Materials by Guest
- Jun 24, 2021 4 Ways to Make Your Bathroom Feel Bigger by Guest
- Jun 23, 2021 Step by Step Guide to Remodeling Your Kitchen by Guest
- Jun 10, 2021 The Pros and Cons of Walk in Bathtubs by Benny Web
- May 13, 2021 Things to Do Before Renovating Your Bathroom by Boris Dzhingarov