Top 10 Home Remodeling Tips
by Guest on Dec 24, 2014
- Installing new blinds or window curtains. 2-inch wood blinds add a nicer aesthetic to your home than most 1-inch vinyl blinds.
- Installing crown decoration, doorway trim, baseboard trim and other types of trim accents to your home. Trims and decorations are very significant in giving a home an upgraded look.
- Rearranging your furniture. You do not essentially require new furniture by just making new shapes, and reordering the flow of your living space can present an incredible job. You don't have to spend a fortune buying new expensive furniture, you simply work with what you have.
- Covering your furniture with slip-covers and/or fabric. This gives it a new pattern and color, giving it a new feel. This will also protect your furniture against tear and wear.
- Repainting your walls with new and attractive colors, and/or then changing your wallpaper.
- On the other hand, you can give your ceiling new, fresh paint color. Many homeowners are trying soft neutral colors for the walls and bold color for the ceiling, for instance, white walls and a bright-yellow ceiling, or light beige with a purple ceiling. Try combining various matching colors and see what suits you best.
- Consider hanging new art or photos on the walls. Alternatively, for an even more thrifty option, just change the frames of your current art and photos. They will look new.
- Hanging more mirrors, even in places above eye-level, for example, the fireplace. This enhances the light shining through the house. If you can hang 2 mirrors in the same room, place them on opposite walls; this gives the impression of a larger room.
- Changing your kitchen rug, bath rug, and doormat. Switch your shower curtain to a new one. You will be surprised to see the change that will be brought by some of these simple modifications.
- Buying new cushion and pillow covers, or consider sewing them out of old unnecessary pieces of fabric or clothing. In case you don't have that which are good enough you can look for fabric at yard sales.
Three Places to Spend Money on the Exterior of Your Home
When you have the exterior of your home remodeled, you are investing, time, energy and convenience into the project and you want to make sure that...
When to Use a Brush, Roller or Sponge Brush
Brushes are a good choice for painting trim and woodwork. They are also useful for cutting in the edges around the top and bottom edges and corners...
Homemade Headboards-Make an Upholstered or Wooden Headboard
Homemade headboards can add a lot of personality to any bedroom. They can be coordinated with existing furniture and room decor or they can be the...
Creating a Cottage Kitchen with Bead Board
Kitchen decor can range from modern and bold to elegant and elaborate by using strategic kitchen pieces. One of the most popular decorating trends...
Gas Fireplace Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Follow these steps for diagnosing and troubleshooting Gas Fireplaces repairs. For the average DIYer, this may seem intimidating, depending on the...
An All-Inclusive Guide to Eco-Friendly Interior Design: 5 Ways to Do It Best
Over 100 countries have enforced policies on sustainable consumption and production according to the 2018 UN Sustainable Development Goals Report....
on May 3, 2023
Unique Ways to Clean Your Window Tracks
As we get closer to springtime you might be noticing that your windows need a good cleaning. Not only is it your windows, but it is the window...
on Apr 3, 2023
Navigating Singapore's Property Regulations: A Guide for Foreign Investors
Singapores property market has been attracting foreign investors for many years, thanks to its stable economy, strong legal system, and transparent...
on Mar 22, 2023
What Truck Size Do I Need to Move a 3-Bedroom House
Moving to a new home can be a complex and stressful process, but with the help of the right truck size, you can make it a smooth and seamless...
on Feb 13, 2023
Five Tips to Take Better Care of Your Basement Insulation
Basement waterproofing is an essential part of home maintenance, as it helps to protect the basement from moisture, flooding, and other...
on Feb 12, 2023
What Type of Licensed Contractor Should You Hire?
on Feb 28, 2017
Hire Contractors / Estimates
Looking for a specialty project? There are many types of contractors available for your home improvement needs. Finding the right type of...
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 260
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 239
- Real Estate / Finance — 195
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 184
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 147
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 144
- Improvements / Remodeling — 131
- Plumbing / Basements — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 115
- Doors / Garages — 113
- Safety / Security — 112
More DIY Articles
A Guide to Roofing Materials
One part of your home that you would likely replace after a few years is the roof. Since it takes the most beating from the environment, rain, and...
How Microwaves Work
Created by a magnetron electron tube, microwaves heat food to a depth of one inch. As the heat is conducted inward the rest of the food is cooked....
Can I Clean My Home’s Air Ducts Myself?
As a DIYer, we love to save money and do things just like the pros do. So what about HVAC systems? Is it possible to clean your own air ducts,...
6 Essential Rules for Hosting an Open House That Will Lead to a Sale
Whether you are in the process of attempting to sell your home, or if you are yet to put your house on the market, you are probably hoping that it...
How to Build a Container Home on a Budget
People choose to build shipping container homes for a number of different reasons. If you talk to people that have built their homes from shipping...