- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 180
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 128
- Plumbing / Basements — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Safety / Security — 109
Easy Tips for Remodeling Your Home That Will Not Break the Bank
by Guy Dinay on Dec 24, 2014
Your home is your castle and it is only natural to want to upgrade or renovate your home so that it reflects your personality and feels like an extension of you. Unfortunately, renovations can be extremely expensive and time-consuming.
Some of the most common renovations such as installing hardwood floors or renovating a bathroom can cost thousands of dollars. However, not all renovations are expensive and here are a few quick and easy upgrades.
Stainless steel appliances are in high demand, and so are their prices. Rather than shell out a few thousand dollars, purchase stainless steel contact paper and attach it to your appliances. The result will be a stainless steel look at a fraction of the price.
Many homeowners often overlook the appearance of their switch plate and outlet covers along with doorknobs and handles. These small items may appear irrelevant in a home remodel, but these items are typically interacted with daily and replacing them can make an entire room seem different.
There are many different types of styles and finishes available and you are almost guaranteed to find one that will match perfectly with your room. Common styles include ones with a stainless steel finish or a decorative design and ones that are entirely black. When choosing a black cover, make sure that the screws are black as well or the silver head will appear out of place.
Finally, focus on the lighting within each room. Many lampshades often collect grime and dust and cleaning them does no good. Replacing your lampshades every so often makes a huge difference in the way the light will bounce around the room.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different designs and colors until you find that one that is just right. The bulb is equally important. Areas with high traffic such as a living room should have a soft bulb that emits a yellowish tone whereas a home office should have a brighter white tone.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 15, 2021 Best Ways to Improve Your Home by Boris Dzhingarov
- Aug 2, 2021 Five Home Improvements That Will Change Your Life by Nick Marr
- Jul 31, 2021 3 Reasons Why Your Home Needs a Renovation by Guest
- Jul 31, 2021 Four Overlooked Aspects of Home Remodeling by Laura Bell
- Jul 15, 2021 Consider These Tips Before You Start Your Bathroom Remodel by Guest