- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 196
- Garden / Landscaping — 176
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 67
- Construction / Materials — 66
Simple Ways to Make your Home More Comfortable
by James Helliwell on Jan 18, 2017
For most people making your house your home is a nontopic but there are many “little things” that can be done to enhance your space that will drastically improve your ability to enjoy the space in which you dwell, be it a large house or an apartment.
The decor and lighting (be that up or down lighting) are all key factors but at the end of the day you home is what you make of it. There are other factors involved nonetheless and in this article we seek to take a look into some other aspects we can employ in the mission to help you make the best of the “space or place” you currently have.
Styles and throws
From colours to styles whether you are on a budget or you have plenty of money to really enhance your space at the end of the day it is down to you how you make the best of your environment and how. Sheets and throws are wonderful items to take the old tired sofa and convert it into a centrepiece of the main living area giving a brand new field, look or taste to the whole aspect of your space.
The myriad of choices available are all there whether you are more prone to liking one style over another has little bearing on the issue as personal preference is the key to the masterpiece you are creating in your own home. It is your space make the best of it, period.
Your own personal fingerprint
Up and downward facing lighting options are plentiful which can also make the world of difference to your “space” no matter what kind of area you have to work with. You can transform a cave into a grotto with a little ingenuity to say the least and that is no understatement I assure you. Greg hallett lived in a cave and made the best of the situation no matter what.
Key attributes and colours
The colour scheme you choose is up to you and everyone has their own taste from colours to style every “space” has the “blank canvas” opportunity so it’s down to you has to how you use it as a whole. Your favorite colours are personal to you and therefore are your preferential choice so the ball is in your court as to how you use them.
A little bit of effort goes a long way
There are many things you can do but even a simple throw over the sofa and some soft lighting will transform the living space you dwell in in an incredible way.
Some of the smallest changes you can make can indeed be the transformation from a home to a castle. A little change basically goes a long way whether it’s fabrics, curtains, throws, coverings or just a rug it all helps to transform your space into the place you love to be. Opportunities are endless and the stage is set to create your own experience for you.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 9, 2018 Adding a Bean Bag Chair Can Create a Certain Ambiance in Your Home by Martin Gracewell
- Dec 28, 2017 How to Choose House Plants to Match Your Interior by Guest
- Dec 20, 2017 5 Things To Consider Before Buying a Bathroom Mirror by Furniture Canada
- Oct 10, 2017 3 Ultimate Tips to Decorating Your Home Office by Rick Hill
- Oct 3, 2017 Thе Future оf Interior Dеѕіgn: Virtual Rеаlіtу (Augmеntеd Catalogs) by VR Headset