- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 214
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 210
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 149
- Real Estate / Finance — 132
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 95
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 94
- Construction / Materials — 87
- Improvements / Remodeling — 85
- Plumbing / Basements — 84
Cleaning Fiberglass Tub After Installation
by Guest on May 12, 2012
As with any cleaning project, remove loose dirt or debris from the fiberglass surface.
Fully fill tub with warm water and mild detergent. Something along the lines of laundry detergent or liquid hand or dish washing soap. Soak the soapy tub for 30 minutes to an 1 hour. After draining, rinse while rubbing the entire surface with sponge or rag thoroughly.
Use non-abrasive cleaners, such as:
- laundry detergent or liquid hand or dish washing soap
- bathroom cleaners or household all-purpose cleaners
- baking soda with a little water added to make a paste then gently rub with sponge
- I prefer soft scrub with bleach for mildew in caulking
For grease, tar or oil stains:
Spray with home laundering spray pre-wash; rub lightly with sponge or non-abrasive applicator; rinse.
For paintings or ceramic glues:
Follow solvent methods above under "tough stains".
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 27, 2019 Bathroom Sink Buying Guide by James Cummings
- Jun 13, 2019 Want to Remodel Your Kitchen? Here are Tips to Complete the Project on Budget by Guest
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest
- Jan 4, 2019 8 Ways to Create More Space in Your Kitchen and Dining Area by Guest
- Nov 1, 2018 Bring the Best and Most Refreshing Bathtub Home by newsy siso