- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 87
- Construction / Materials — 80
- Plumbing / Basements — 80
- Improvements / Remodeling — 77
Vanities - The Essence of Your Bathroom
by Guest on May 13, 2012
When you’re constructing a bathroom the most important decision you have to take is choosing a vanity. A bathroom is an important part of your home and vanity is center part of your bathroom. There are loads of varieties of vanities; they come in different shapes, sizes and styles. A vanity is also known cabinet; it is used for storing the requirements in a restroom.
Vanities enhance the beauty of your bathroom. There are different types of vanities available: stone bathroom vanities, wood bathroom vanities, and steel and glass vanities. It is essential that you buy good quality stuff although we are aware about that each thing has some pros and cons.
Stone Bathroom Vanities:
Granite and marble are the options which are available in stone bathroom vanities and both of them are known for their beauty. They are easy to clean and do not lose their beauty easily, although they have to be maintained well. They are natural stone and they have been in style for a very long time. Granites are strong and durable, and on the other hand marble is long lasting. Travertine and onyx are also used. Stone vanity gives great look to your bathroom and they even contribute a positive reflection to your style as well.
Wood Bathroom Vanities:
Wood is the most versatile material to be used for your bathroom vanity. There are varieties in wood vanities such as mahogany, cherry, and oak, all of these are very popularly used. Cherry wood is commonly used and it is used for carving the cabinets. If the vanities are sealed well this adds to the life of the vanities, and they can function well against mites and also the water damage. Wood vanity gives rustic appeal and crafted gives Victorian look. Wood vanities have great combination with countertops and sinks with material such as ceramic, glass, copper and aluminum.
Steel and Glass Vanities:
Glass vanities are delicate than other vanities; it takes extra care and effort to maintain. Although good quality vanities can withstand high temperature and they have long life too.
Bathroom vanity has to be durable, resistant to water, moisture and humidity. Plastic laminate vanities are popular because they are durable and stain-resistant.
While choosing vanity for your bathroom there are lots of options available but choose the one which have good quality, style, shape, size and finish. Including vanity there are other selections which are required to be made in your restroom which are also useful for facilitating the function of storage like wall cabinet, medicine cabinet, and toilet storage cabinets. All these choices can be done after selecting your choice of your vanity.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest
- Jan 4, 2019 8 Ways to Create More Space in Your Kitchen and Dining Area by Guest
- Nov 1, 2018 Bring the Best and Most Refreshing Bathtub Home by newsy siso
- Oct 31, 2018 Easy and Budget-friendly House Improvements: Bathroom Woes Be Gone by newsy siso
- Sep 20, 2018 Seven Things to Get When Remodeling Your Kitchen by Guest