- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 212
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 134
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 99
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 98
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 90
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 86
Remodeling Your Bathroom on a Budget
by Guest on Jun 27, 2016
Bathroom renovations and kitchens are the two rooms in a home that draw a lot of buyers. If your bathroom is in rough shape, you should do all you can to make it look better. A full scale remodeling project could cost a small fortune. The information below will give you several tips for doing your bathroom over without spending a lot.
The first thing to do before you do anything else is sit down and write out a budget. It is very easy to spend too much if there is no clear idea of how much money you are working with. Factor in how much everything is going to cost then add a good amount for incidentals. You want to be covered in case anything goes wrong. Whatever you do, make sure that you do not go over your intended budget.
A lot of times people want to turn simple bathrooms into elaborate palaces. There is nothing wrong with that, but keep in mind that this sometimes requires plumbing to be moved. This is something that can multiply your cost estimate greatly. Work with a contractor to come up with something that is aesthetically pleasing while keeping your plumbing exactly where it is.
Installing brand new tubs, shower stalls and sinks costs a lot. To save a lot of money, you should consider refinishing them. This will give them a brand new look, but it is very cost-effective. If you are looking for an entirely different style you will have to purchase new ones, but this is a good fix if you wanted to be rid of them because of their general condition.
Never try to do something yourself unless you are positive that you know what you are doing. Many people try completing things themselves in order to save money. This is a good idea if you are positive you can do the job alone. If you are not sure, you should hire someone. You don't want to make things worse than they already are and end up going over your budget trying to fix any issues.
If you are hiring a contractor to come in and complete your remodel, make sure that you research them before signing anything. A lot of people make the mistake of selecting a contractor based on price alone. While the money should be a factor, there are other things that need to be considered, including work history, customer satisfaction, and insurance status.
Sometimes your bathroom looks fine, but it needs a little sprucing up. In these cases, you should think about purchasing some new fixtures. This will give your bathroom a cleaner, fresher look, and it will not require a very large investment. Only select fixtures that fit in with the general style and tone of your bathroom. The wrong ones can make the bathroom look a bit awkward.
Doing bathroom renovations over can help add value to your home and make it a nicer place to live. Use the advice here to make your bathroom look great without going for broke.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 19, 2019 Here’s why a Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink will Change How You Work by Charlie Brown
- Nov 18, 2019 Today’s Choices for Walk-In Tubs, Showers, and Other Home Safety Options by Kenneth Eres
- Aug 27, 2019 Bathroom Sink Buying Guide by James Cummings
- Jun 13, 2019 Want to Remodel Your Kitchen? Here are Tips to Complete the Project on Budget by Guest
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest