- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 204
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 85
- Plumbing / Basements — 78
- Construction / Materials — 76
- Safety / Security — 76
Long Distance Moving Tips to Save Money
by Guest on May 15, 2012
When moving long distance you may want to contact a long distance moving company to help you with your move. A moving company can help you by doing most of the work to relocate your belongings to your new place of residence. You should not have to do much as far as loading and hauling your belongings. However, there are some things you should consider doing before the movers arrive to move your things. You will need to get your valuables ready for moving long distance. Any item that will break easily should be packed more carefully such as clocks, glassware, antiques and other valuable items that you may have. You will want them to be packed to your standards to avoid getting broke or damaged along the way.
Another thing you need to do to before moving is unplug all your appliances from outlets and water connections. This will save time once the movers arrive. If you are taking things such as chandeliers or ceiling fans, you will need to take them down. This will also save the movers time and can save you the extra money then if the movers were to do it for you. The movers are not qualified with working with electrical items and may have to call in additional help like an electrician to remove them. This could cost you additional money so try to take care of this before the movers arrive. Check the condition of all your items including furniture and other things then write it down if they have any marks or scratches on them ahead of time. This way if you notice damage later on you will know if it was there before you had it moved.
If you are a big book reader and own many books you may want to move some of these books yourself because of all the additional weight. You could also have them shipped to you by mail if you choose. When moving long distance it may cost more with the extra weight to move heavy items such as a lot of books with a moving company. These are just some of the things you may want to consider moving long distance. By taking, the time out to check over and do things yourself you can save yourself money and time when moving. A professional moving company can help you to get your belongings moved and get them where they are going in good condition.
Eddie Frank is an editorial staff member of California New York Express. To learn more about long distance moving companies and long distance moving company visit moveeast.com or call 1-888-680-7200.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 6, 2019 5 Items Landlords Should Check Off Before a Tenant Moves In by Boris Dzhingarov
- Jan 14, 2019 5 Tips To Help You Win A Foreclosure Auction by Rohit
- Jan 2, 2019 How to Look for Signs of Pest Infestation When House Hunting by Guest
- Jan 2, 2019 What You Should Know and Do Before a Home Inspection by Guest
- Dec 14, 2018 How Does International Moving Work? by Guest